Chapter 7 II - What is she doing?

(Ella's View!!)

Leaning onto the sink, i stare at myself in the mirror. I look deep into my eyes as if i'm trying to read my own soul. How could i feel this? I saw him and my heart skipped a beat, my head went fuzzy. Not as much as it did with Jake, but still... it was there. It was a bud, it was going to grow and unfold into a flower sooner or later. How could i let this happen? I swore to myself i couldn't fall for anyone until i knew Jake's fate. Missing doesn't count. He could still be out there... My eyes well up. This is the first time i've thought about him since my dream... Oh God. Who am i kidding? I've not seen him in two years. I have no idea if he's dead, alive, dying, trapped... I just wish i knew. Only Hannah knows the story. I tell her everything. I told her about Jake, Alice, Red, Conor... I shut my eyes.

~~~

I'm walking home from school, alone. My twin sister has been missing for a day but the police arent looking for her yet. A van pulls up by the side of me and before i have time to react, i'm grabbed by someone in the car and everything goes black. I'm 18 years old yet i'm so scared i cry. Before i know it, i'm being carried somewhere, then dropped on the floor. The thud isnt that loud, but it was painful. I hear sobbing in the background.

"Ella... You never told me you had a twin!" A grumbled voice says to me. I can feel the heat from his breath on me. God what the hell is this? Please let us be ok... Whatever it was covering my face is suddenly removed and i'm blinded by the lights in the room. I look away until my eyes have adjusted, then look back to see a hooded figure standing over me. He makes sure he's got my gaze as he walks over to another person across the other side of the room and removes the bag from their head. Holy Shit. Alice!! There was my twin sister, crying, looking so scared. I went to move but this man pushed me back on the floor. 

"You will stay there!" He hissed at me. "So which of you is Ella?" He asked. We stayed quiet. We exchanged glances and knew what each other meant, but we never spoke. He tried to get the answer out of us a few times, but failed. So he bought in his one weapon, my weakness. He exited the room and minutes later threw Jake in. He looked bruised. I tried not to make any facial expressions so he couldnt tell me and Alice apart. After a while he grabs both me and Alice by the hand and orders Jake to come with us. He walks us to the same van that kidnapped us and threw us in the back. He just drove. He never said anything. Me and Alice exchanged glances while Jake sat with his legs tucked into his chest. I put my arm on his shoulder and he looks up at me and smiles.

"So you're Ella!" The driver shouts, looking into the rear-view mirror. "Oh that was a mistake for you..." He said threateningly and sped up. Jake and Alice both looked scared but protective. Alice kicked his chair to distract him and Jake threw things at the driver's head. Before we knew it we were swerving, then tipping, then rolling, then i cant remember anything... Well except...

~~~~

I shake my head to get out of this memory. I dont wanna remember the last bit. I dont wanna remember any of it... I look once more at myself in the mirror and decide its time to go back downstairs. I just couldnt be in a room with her flirting with Conor when i told her i liked him! As long as its toned down i'll be fine! I take a deep breath in and let a huge sigh out and walk down the stairs, all seems quiet. When i enter the room, i am horrified... There, in front of me, Conor and Hannah kissing. My stomach dropped and by legs went weak. I opened my mouth to shout, but a mere squeak came out.  Hannah looked over to see me standing there.

"Oh... Ella... Err..."

"Dont bother..." I said and walked half way up the stairs and sat down.

"Is she..." Conor says, being interrupted by Hannah.

"Yeah, dont worry about her. its been a difficult time with her. Her best friend who she fancied went missing and her twin sister died. Plus she said to me that she fa-" I sprinted down the stairs and pounced on her, knocking her off the sofa and onto the floor, where i begin hitting her.

"Can you ever keep your fucking mouth shut? You're such an idiot!" I slap her in the face. Conor jumps up and pulls me off her. I push him off me and stand up, brushing myself off. "Dont worry, Conor... I quit!" I said and walked out of the house.

How could she do that to me? After everything that has happened?!