𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

Tahiry heard her mom come in the bathroom in the middle of her shower and peaked her head out of the curtain.

"You off already?"

"Yeah. You eat yet?"

"Mhm." Her relationship with her mom was okay. They communicated pretty well but were distant. Not for a specific reason they just didn't speak or have many personal conversations. Her mom worked hard and she appreciated that, so she always saved whatever complaint she wanted to make about their lack of quality time.

Her stepdad was always home. She hated it. He was arrogant and misogynistic. But her mom ignored it almost better than she ignored her poor relationship with her daughter. Aarya didn't allow Tony to blatantly disrespect Tahiry, it was just passive aggressiveness, entitlement, and micro aggressions about her personality and opinions.

Tahiry worked at Dollar General. Pretending to not see people stealing and lying about not knowing where things were so she wouldn't have to get up. God she hated being a cashier. But she'd keep doing her job, half asses at that, until she was done paying off her car. Which would probably take years.

"You cooking?" Tony looked at Tahiry and she looked at him confused.

"It's ten o clock."

"You don't have shit else to do in here. Cook."

"No. Goodnight." She continued looking at him stupid then walked to her room with her towel around herself, locking the door as soon as she closed it.

Her room was simple. She slept on a full and had a pretty bed room set. Aarya couldn't do much but when she did something she tried going all out. This was really an attempt at giving her a reason to stay home while in college but with how things were looking it'd take more than cute furniture to get her to stay.

"Hey." Her mom knocked on the door when she realized it was locked, seeing her daughter unlock it and open it fully dressed now. She had a lot of hair. It was 4b but she kept it braided up or blown out because shrinkage was very annoying. Having a head full of hair and no one can tell..? Frustrating.

"Hm?"

"I don't need anything I just wanted to check up on you.." she shrugged.

".. huh? I'm good." Tahiry was confused. She didn't even know how to respond to that.

"No I mean like.. do you have a boyfriend? Or friends?"

"No. Zero. I met a girl the other day though. She's cool." They looked at each other after that and she began closing her door again.

"You ever..?"

"Had sex? No. A boy kissed me in 8th grade though. Then he said it was just a joke." She laughed and her mom frowned slightly.

"You're a pretty girl-"

"Not to them. Which is fine. I like girls more anyway."

"Oh? Good.. for you?" Aarya wasn't grossed out she was just surprised. Her daughter seemed very casual about it all. Never spoke a word about it then randomly comes out as bisexual with ease. "How long did you know? Why didn't you tell me?"