20: Devising Dubious Plans

Irene
Bonn, Germany

"I'm so furious!" Irene said as she paraded Damian's living room. She'd downed the glass of tequila at a fierce, massive gulp, all at once. Digging her fingers deep into the exterior design of the glass with an attempt to crush the whole of it with her nails, Damian came from behind, snatching the glass from her hold in a gentle but frantic manner to prevent Irene from doing herself any harm.

"I got fired because I tried to help you. What exactly are you so furious about, though? The plan didn't work after everything I did or what?" he inquired, wanting to understand why she'd been making such an endless fuss, with the movement of her feet and subtle hissing.

"It has never worked out, you know, and it's so irritating! Christopher is one hell of a wussy, but indecisive he's not. I haven't been able to get him to accommodate me. Alright, I honestly don't think I have to wait for that to happen, and I don't regret not waiting, but still, he's fighting, and now that his wife has here, she's joined forces to make it harder for me. I'm terrified of her. Nothing is working, Damian."

Damian said nothing for a moment. He placed one warm hand on her shoulder, rubbing on it gently. Damian wished she had listened to him from the very beginning. He knew that the plan to disguise as one of his employees to bail him out from the police station was a costly one for him, especially, but he didn't mind losing his job for her sake.

Irene meant so much to him. Heck, he even wanted her to himself, but his feelings for her were more profound than his selfish desires. During the years when they were together, she had done so much for him. Favors he'd yearned to repay her in any way possible, so what was a little cross-dressing-rescue plan compared to all she'd done for him?

Even if he wished, he wouldn't have to repay her in that way.

Although the plan was a smart one, he wished she hadn't approached with erotic motives first. Married men were not easy to get a hold of, and Christopher being the faithful and passionate husband that he is, would never be affiliated with a woman for no good purpose. He was afraid that Irene had ruined it all.

"To be honest, from a very friendly point of view, I would say that you didn't carry out your plan correctly. The reason he came to Germany in the first place is that he has a business deal with a company that he doesn't even know you own.

When you showed up to him at the alehouse or wherever you should have shown up as a prospective business partner, automatically, he would have been more accommodating with you. Along the line, you can slowly start bringing your original plan into action, but you wanted to have it your way by all means."

Irene looked at Damian. Her eyes were void of any hope. Only frustration and deep regrets reflect in them. She'd desperately wanted Christopher to herself and had searched for him or any sign that led to him for so many years.

She was thirty-two already with everything an adult within her age range could strive for: affluence, influence, and independence. Love and a beautiful family were all she needed to complete the equation, to sum up to a good and fulfilling life, and so, she wasn't ready to beat around the bush once she found Christopher since her time was already far spent.

Hence, Damian's logic of using sneaky devices did not appeal well to her initially.

She loved Christopher so much, and the feeling had dated back to that bright sunny afternoon when he walked into the synagogue with his mother. She found him cute and funny at his very little age because his oversized suit had caught her attention, serving as a good source of humor for her.

His mother wore only a slight smile on her face. Her father didn't look too happy either, but they didn't want their children to be scared or think it was a ceremony of doom. So, they had done their best not to let their worries stay vividly on their faces.

Nevertheless, she adored little Christopher so much and could not get her eyes off him. Little Christopher, however, did not seem to appreciate her friendly gestures, especially after little, saucy Irene had covered her mouth, stifling her giggles as she pointed at the way the collar of his baggy suit hung lowly across his mid-riff mockingly.

Or maybe he didn't like her because she seemed to be a spoilt little princess who had all she wanted, but that didn't matter much to little Irene.

It was the happiest day of her life. For some reason, she had seen that day as her real wedding day irrespective of the valid reason why the two little ones had to be betrothed to one another and so, as her father sealed the contract that day with his assistant by his side, having Chris' mother append her signature on the document, Irene grinned, knowing somehow at her tender age that the covenant was effective.

She held Christopher's hands in hers – well, at least, she tried her hardest.

She felt like the best flower amongst a bountiful variety of flowers. It was her wedding day. She had found her beloved at a very early age. No one was going to tell her otherwise, neither was anything going to stop her from being with her beloved in the future – even if Christopher was financially capable enough to pay back the money he undeniably owed her father, which was what he was trying to do now and she was ensuring that he doesn't do it because she knew it was going to be over and would have no cause to go after him.

It was already over, which was why she was doing her best to have him hooked before he ever realizes it, and that was the advantage she had.

For this reason, Irene was edgier than ever.

She had even hearkened unto Damian's advice and showed up again, letting Chris know that she was his business partner, but she already looked too foolish to be pure in his sight. She looked ridiculous when she'd added the vainest threat, saying she was going to have him even after the business deal was over.

Like he was going to agree to be business partners with her.

He had even fired one of his staff for letting her into his company. He was becoming someone she couldn't handle. Before she was able to gaslight and make him look stupid, it was the more reason she had to get rid of that bulldog he calls a wife. She occupied the position that belonged to someone else.

Her.

She had to look for a way to get what was hers by force. She had done it the way she deemed as gentle. Now, she had to exercise superiority. When the word came to mind, inspiration hit her like a resonant bell.

Then she realized that she was at a significant advantage, and she knew why.

Suddenly, she faced Damian and moved closer to him. Damian suspected nothing until she'd wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest.

Damian, surprised with his cheeks flushed and swollen red, his heart beating at its hardest with a flow of feelings he'd tried to bury for so many years. Irene's following words made it harder to keep his rush of emotions at a moderate check or control. Why was she doing this to him?!

"Damian, sleep with me." her voice reverberated his chest down to his lower regions.