24

‘Natalie, who’s that? Why did he say he’s your boyfriend?’ Darling asked me when he heard my voice.

‘He’s a friend, erm I don’t know how to explain it to you.’ I told him trying to find an appropriate answer for him.

‘So why did you lie to me that you’ve been sent? Was he the reason why you asked me not to come?’ he asked me.

I couldn’t give him any reason because I don’t have any. I didn’t know what to do or say which I find myself doing a lot nowadays.

‘Please don’t say anything, just call me when you get home.’ He told me.

I knew he was hurt from his voice and I didn’t know what to expect from this. I was worried that I nearly forgot that the bastard is still behind me.

‘So now you’re single so you have no choice than to be my girlfriend. There’s no way your boyfriend will take you back, I’m always here for you so I have you all to myself.’ He told me feeling proud of what he has done.

‘You’re sick you know that right?’ I asked him and turned around to leave because I didn’t want to hear whatever he has to say more.

I’m tired and I don’t want any drama again. I don’t want to listen to his nonsense again. I left him without looking back.

I have to talk to Desmond and I have to do that fast.
I called Desmond when I got home but he didn’t answer. That night I slept in tears because I thought that was the end of our relationship. I called several times but he didn’t answer neither did he reply to my messages.

‘Natalie, Desmond is here to see you.’ I heard my sister say from downstairs. I didn’t know what to expect from meeting him.

Either he’s going to be annoyed at me and ask me not to call him again or he will simply call things off between us.

Either way, things will be called off between us. I just have to prepare myself for it.

I went down to meet him and I was surprised that he gave me a hug instead of being annoyed. I thought I was dreaming.

‘Why did you do that yesterday?’ he asked me when he pulled back.

‘I’m sorry, that’s all I can say.’ I told him because I didn’t know what to do or say. There was no explanation that can reverse what happened or that will make it hurt less.

‘Who is he? Tell me everything please don’t lie to me.’ he asked me.

I told him about everything, from what happened at the church to what happened last night. I didn’t want to lie to him. So I told him everything.

‘Promise me you’re not going to meet him again.’ He told me looking me in the eyes.

‘I promise.’

‘Please don’t let that happen again.’ He told me and pulled me into another hug. This time, we stayed like that for some time.

I didn’t feel like pulling back from him and he was also holding unto me so why don’t I just stay there and enjoy moment?

****†**********†****************†***
Love,
Anything gold.