15

Unedited

First year ended faster than I imagined, I went home happy that I would at least hear from Darling. I was so excited that I would be seeing him and I was also sad that I will be going back to the hell whole I call a home.

I didn’t expect that things weren’t going to be the same again. I didn’t expect that things were going to change between us. I didn’t which I should have.

I went home and I had not heard from Dee, it was almost time for us to return back to school so I expected to at least see him at church, but I did see him but he wasn’t close to me. I tried getting his attention but I couldn’t succeed so I went home hoping he’ll come visit.

Today is my last day at home for vacation and I didn’t see him, I couldn’t visit him because I didn’t know the exact house he was staying at. So I decided to visit Lilly before going to school the next day.

I went to tell my aunt I’m leaving to Lilly’s house and I’ll be back soon, which she knows it’ll be in the evening. I only went there to see if Desmond has called her phone. But I didn’t see his call when I checked so I went out to Lilly’s house.

At her house, I meet her with a towel around her.
‘Hello Natalie, it’s been a while. I’m going to take my bath so wait for me at the living room, and don’t answer my phone when it rings.’

‘Okay’ I responded when she said that but I was confused at the same time.

After a while of sitting down and watching movie, her phone rang and I called out to her. She asked me of the name on it and I checked her phone to see that it was saved with a strange name which doesn’t make sense to me.

I told her the name on the screen ‘Don’t answer’ she shouted from the bathroom.

I was confused as why she was nervous, but I didn’t pay attention much so when she came, the phone was ringing again and it was the same person calling. She answered the call and went out of the room to talk to the person.

I watched a movie while I waited for her. After an hour, she came back to the room and I looked at her. I told her that she has kept long and she was laughing.

We continued with the movie and then out of nowhere, she asked ‘Has Desmond called you?’

‘No, he hasn’t’ I answered confused.

‘Erm, he was the one I just spoke to, he called to tell me that he’s travelling. He told you right?’

‘No’ I answered staring blankly at the television.

I was confused and I didn’t understand why he couldn’t tell me that he was travelling. I didn’t know what to do because I was very hurt. He travelled without telling me. If anything, he saw me at church but he didn’t even try to talk to me, or call me on my aunt’s phone.

On my way home, I thought about what happened I tried to find ways to defend him in my mind, but it wasn’t working. I was also hurt that Lilly would do that to me. Upon all the evidence I have witnessed so far, I still couldn’t believe that they would do that to me, especially her.

I decided to check my aunt’s phone to see if maybe he called when I wasn’t around. But to my disappointment, he didn’t call. Yet, I could call Lilly to tell her that he was travelling.

I meet his junior brother later in the day when I went to church.
‘Hello, it’s been a while’ he greeted as he saw me.

‘Yes, I’m around, where’s your brother?’ I asked him

‘He has travelled, wait! He didn’t tell you?’

‘Yes he didn’t.’

‘I thought he told you on Sunday.’

‘He didn’t but don’t worry see you later.’

So he has really travelled without telling me.

*******†********************†*******
Love,
Anything gold