Chapter 12 - The problem with Mothers

Start from the beginning

After i had finished my breakfast, my dad spoke again. 

'I need to chat to you about something' he said quietly

'I knew you didn't make all this for no reason' i sighed, a bit scared about what he was going to say. 

'I sort of bumped into your mother when i was away Kara' he told me.

I froze. 

My dad had bumped into my mum. 

'She wants you to read her letters to you Kara' he almost pleaded

'I don't care what that woman has to say to me dad, i don't care one bit. And anyway why do you care all of a sudden!'  i almost shouted at him

He looked slightly hurt at my raised voice. 

'At least read it Kara, what do you have to loose by reading one letter?' he asked. 

It was a valid point, and it was true that it didn't take much to pick up a letter and read it. 

I could even put it in the shredder afterwards and never look at it again. 

But it was the fact that i would be doing my mother a favour if i read it, and i didn't want to owe her anything. 

'Why didn't you just walk away as soon as you saw her?' i asked, directing the conversation back to him  and ignoring his previous question

'She saw me before i saw her, and it would be been very childish of me to just walk away and ignore her' he told me

I sighed, looking down at my nails instead of directly at him. 

I understood what he was saying, but i just couldn't understand how he could be so civil with her. Just thinking about her made me angry. 

I was completely happy with my life with just my father, and had no intention of changing it any time soon. 

'Im going up to my room' i said, picking up my plate and taking it to the dishwasher. 

I walked out the kitchen before he even had time to say something else to me and ran to my room. 

As soon as i got there, i grabbed my phone and sat on my bed, dialling Sarah's number straight away. 

'Hello?' she said, after a couple of rings. 

'Sarah, my dad saw my mum.' 

'What?!' she screamed down the phone

'He bumped into her when he was away from work, and they spoke. He told me she asked me to read her letter' 

Sarah stayed silent for a second, and then said 'I think you should?'

'Really?'

'Yea, i could stay on the phone when you do?' 

I walked over to where i kept the letters she had sent me so far. A couple of them were ripped up because i was so angry when i received them. 

I picked up the most recent one, and held it in my hands. 

'I don't know Sarah..' i said 

'Read it to me' she said softly.

I opened it up, and looked down at the loopy neat writing of my mother. I read the letter to myself quietly and told Sarah the kinds of things she was saying. 

'She says that she will forever regret what she has done, and feels like the worst mother in the world' i laughed bitterly as i said it. 

She was. 

'She lives in California, and she really wants to see me again she says' i told her

'Maybe you should see her, to hear what she has to say' Sarah said

'I don't know, its just so hard for me to give her the time of day' i said still reading the letter. 

'How does the letter end' Sarah asked

'She wrote 'Leaving you and your father 10 years ago was the worst mistake i ever made'

-------------------------------------------------

A/N

Yay, now you know why she hates her mum so much and everything thats going on with them. 

It is really starting to worry me how much easier it is for me to write this than do my homework, it is not good. 

OH WELL.