Chapter 38 - You know why

After a lot of convincing and calming down, Ryan decided against storming to Nicholas' house to do god knows what. 

'I really don't want to cause you guys any problems' Olivia broke the silence after about 5 minutes. 

Ryan was sat in the corner of the room, clenching his fists from anger. I'd never seen him this upset and furious before, even after he say Olivia and Nicholas together that day at the ice-cream shop. 

'Don't be ridiculous Olivia, you're not causing us any problems' I said, as I sat on the floor opposite her with my legs crossed in front of me. 

The others were all still downstairs and I knew they'd start to get suspicious soon. 

'I'm just going to check on the others quickly' I spoke, pushing myself up of the floor. 

I walked out the room swiftly. I felt absolutely horrible for Olivia and like it was partly my own fault. I had known this whole time that Nicholas had the potential to be violent and forceful, and i didn't even attempt to warn her. 

I just was so convinced that he was different with her, and that he actually liked her. 

But now it was too late, because the damage and had been done.

'Hey guys' I said as I walked into the living room. I started to speak again when I realised that everybody had fallen asleep. Sarah was on the sofa cuddling one of the pillows and the others were all sprawled out across the floor. 

I giggled quietly when I saw a piece of popcorn in Liam's wide open mouth whilst he slept and then shut the door behind me. 

When I went back into the kitchen to get a glass of water I heard a door shut behind me. When I turned around I saw Sarah sneaking out of the room towards me. 

'hey' she whispered, as she made her way over the fridge to grab a bottle of water with me. 'Where have you and Ryan been? Has something happened?' 

I scoffed, taking a sip of water and sitting on one of the stalls at the counter. 'Nope', I answered. 

'Well then whats happened?' She asked, her eyebrows pulling together in confusion. 

I sighed, crossing my arms on the counter and resting my head on top of them. 

'Olivia is here.' I told her. 'And Ryan is with her upstairs'. 

Sarah's expression looked even more confused. 'What? Why?' 

'Nicholas has just been an.. ass' I told her to which she responded by nodding her head knowingly. 

'So nothings changed?' She laughed, drinking some more water.

'Well, its a little serious this time' I told her, 'I can't really explain it right now but I will later I promise, I just need to go upstairs' 

'Let me come with you?' She asked

'Fine, i guess if anyone can know its you considering he used to be your best friend too' I said as I headed up the stairs with her behind me. 

As we approached my room it was really silent so I just assumed they hadn't spoken since I left, considering it had been silent before. 

What I wasn't expecting is that when I opened Ryan and Olivia would be in the middle of something quite different. 

Sarah took a sharp breath in when the door opened far enough to see what I had. 

Ryan and Olivia were sat on my bed, kissing. 

Sarah accidentally dropped her phone, making a loud thud on the floor. My head shot round so I could glare at her.