Chapter 5 - We all scream for..

I work up early the next morning in an empty house, which meant no breakfast for me. 

One thing about me was that i was probably the worst cook to ever exist. My dad usually made my breakfast in the morning. When i was younger he used to make an assortment of things to eat. 

Pancakes, waffles, yogurt, fruit. You name it, it was on the table every morning as soon as my mum and I went downstairs. 

We'd all sit together as a family, eating, chatting and laughing. Then we'd all head our separate ways. 

I would catch the school bus to school, and my parents would both go to work. 

Now that my Dad was alot more busy with work, these extravagant breakfasts ceased to exist. 

However, he did still make me toast every morning, which i had always appreciated. My dad cared about me very much, and did everything so i could have the best in life, he always had.

This, of course, included many hours at work and one too many business trips for my liking. 

But i still loved him to death, he was the most important person in my life.

I got dressed quickly and grabbed my keys on the way out of my room. Last night i had fallen asleep on the sofa downstairs watching friends re-runs. 

Another problem with my dad not being here, i had nobody to carry me upstairs when i fell asleep in front of the tv, which was every other night. He had done this since i was a child, and even though i was a grown teenage girl, he still continued to do it. 

I walked out to my car and got in, turning on the engine and the music right up. This was something i did every morning to wake myself up. It annoyed the hell out of Sarah, and every other person that got in my car but i didn't care. 

For some reason it calmed me. 

------------------------------------------------------

At lunch time I made my way to the lunch hall to meet Sarah as usual. 

When i saw her by the doors, i suddenly didn't feel like shitty school lunch food. 

'Lets get out of here' i suggested, as i approached her. 

'Ice cream' we said at the same time, giggling as we turned away from the lunch hall and made our way out to the car park. 

We weren't allowed out of school during the day unless we were 18, which neither of us were. However, occasionally if we just weren't feeling the crap on a plate that the school served us, we went and had ice cream instead. 

I drove carefully out of school, looking out for teachers as we went to make sure we wouldnt be caught.

Luckily we made it out, and we drove to the ice cream shop we absolutely loved. 

'Caramel, please' i said to the cashier as i searched my bag for my purse. 'And, er, mint chocolate for this one' i said motioning to Sarah. 

'This one?' Sarah replied. 'Can't you eve-'

'hey, I'm buying you ice cream aren't I? or don't you want some?' i joked.

'i love you' she said sweetly, hugging me. 

'yea yea' i laughed handing the cashier the money as he passed us our ice creams. 

We sat down at our normal table, me with my bowl and Sarah with her cone. 

I swirled the little spoon around the bowl, making the ice cream into a milkshake like texture. 

'i will never understand why you do that, you weirdo' she said licking her her ice cream in a lady-like manner. 

'my mum used to do it' i smiled, looking down. 

'oh right' she said slightly awkwardly. 'I forgot'

I just continued to swirl the ice cream round my bowl. 

'Have you replied to the letter?' she asked sincerely, however i could see the concern in her eyes. 

'No' i said quickly. 'And i'm not going to.'

'oh come on Kara, i really think you should. I-' she said, before i interrupted her. 

'i really think i shouldn't. And i really think we should stop talking about it'. i snapped back.

She sighed, ending the conversation there. 

------------------------------------------------------------

We got back to school again without getting caught and lunch time was just ending. 

I walked to my locker to grab my things, trying the balance my bag on my knee as i pulled my hair back into a pony tail. 

I felt somebody knock into me, and soon enough all my books were scattered on the floor around my feet. 

'fuck' i said, placing my bag on the floor, picking up my books. I felt someone walk past me, and looked up to see Ryan smirking down at me. 

He walked straight past without even stopping to help me pick up my stuff. 

I felt like an absolute idiot, kneeling on the floor, frantically picking up all my books whilst everyone walked past me. 

When i finally gathered all my things, i put them back in my locker and put the rest of my books back in my bag. I looked over and saw Ryan standing at his locker, a few lockers down from here. 

Olivia was there, standing right next to him and twirling her hair as she spoke to him. 

'Are you coming to mine later the RyRy?' she said, placing her hand on her arm and stroking it up and downwards. 

I scoffed quietly, and could have sworn i saw him snap his head and glare at me. 

'Not tonight Livvy, I'm seeing my dad remember?' he smiled at her. 

Lie. 

'oh god, yes of course sorry i completely forgot!' she smiled back, kissing him on the cheek as she turned to walk to her lesson. 

'i'll see you tomorrow, good luck with your dad' she called over her shoulder. 

But he wasn't going to be with his dad, he'd be with me at dance practice. 

Great. 

----------------------------------------------

 Authors note: 

Please please pleasssse with a cherry on top (of ice-cream ;) ) will you vote for this chapter. 

I'll love you very much! 

xx