Chapter 31 - Avoiding him

I woke up the next morning in desperate need of a very large glass of water. My head was banging and my mouth was dry and I just generally felt like absolute shit. 

I sat up straight, looking round the room and realising i wasn't in my own bedroom. Sam, Sarah and Violet were still all fast asleep. 

I must of gotten so drunk that i couldn't drive home last night. and had to stay over at Sam's instead. 

I checked my phone, which was on 2% battery and noticed i had three missed calls. Two from my dad and one from Ryan. 

Shit, i must have forgotten to tell my Dad i stayed over. I quickly text him that i had stayed at Sam's and would be coming back in an hour. 

I then went to text Ryan why he had called my last night but my phone turned off. 

'Crap' i whispered, pressing the home button a couple of times in hope that the screen would turn on again. 

'Kara?', Sam groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. 'You stayed over?' 

'Looks like it' i laughed, but stopped immediately due to the shooting pain it gave me. 'Sorry'

'It's fine' she said, looking at her phone. 'Why do i have a missed call from Ryan?' she asked

'I don't know, but i have one aswell' I told her. 'Can i charge my phone?' 

'Yea, charger is over there' she said, pointing to the other side of the room. I walked over, plugging my phone in then returning back to the pile of cushions on the floor that i had been sleeping on. 

'I used a coat as my blanket' I said, noticing the coat that lay on the floor next to the cushions. 

Sam laughed. 'Oh god, we were too drunk weren't we?' 

'I think so' I heard another voice say. I turned my head to see Sarah turning over to face us. She too was sleeping on a pile of cushions, but she was covered by a T-shirt instead of a coat. 

Violet had also woken up, and i heard her groaning that her head hurt. 

'You were the worst!' i said, speaking to Sarah 'you were sick in the toilet' 

'I remember it vividly!' she joked. 'I also remember you guys calling Ryan, why did you do that?'

'Wait, we called Ryan?' Sam asked, turning to me confused. 

'Oh yea' violet spoke. 'Kara left him a voicemail'.

'Shit!' I blurted, rushing over to look at my phone. It was turned on now but i still didn't have much battery. 'I have a text from Ryan' i told them

'What does it say?' Sarah asked

'Its a voice note' i spoke, confused to why he had sent me one. 

'This is the voicemail you just left me' Ryan had text underneath. I read it out to the others. 

'Uh-oh' Violet and Sam said

'Should i play it?' I asked

'Yes!' all three of them said in unison. 

I cautiously clicked play on the voice note. At first there was a lot of giggling and shouting from all of us, and i could hear sam telling me to speak to Ryan in the background. 

Then, i must have taken the phone because I recognised my laugh a lot louder than the others, as if i had the phone right next to my mouth. Then i began to talk.