Chapter 9 - Done now

It had been two days since Ryan had told me about Nicholas, and what he really got up to. 

I hadn't stopped thinking about it since. 

I started to think back to things he had done that i had always chosen to ignore in the past, that now made me realise how naive i had been. 

Like the time we saw Ryan and Olivia at that party, and he had completely checked Olivia out. 

At the time i just pretended it didn't happen.

And how he would always spend a couple of hours with me at a party then leave quickly without a proper explanation. 

Completely ignoring things had been my coping mechanism with alot of things lately. 

With Nicholas..

With my Mum.

But i was done with ignoring all this shitty things Nicholas did now. 

I wasn't sure if right now i even wanted any type of relationship at all. 

But i knew that when i did, i wanted someone who would never check someone else out in front of me. 

Someone who would want to spend the whole evening with me without getting bored. 

Someone who actually knows my eye colour instead of saying 'They're kind of greenish right?' when i asked. 

Which they weren't of course, they were brown.

Whenever that would be, I was now 100% sure it wouldn't be Nicholas. 

-----------------------------------------

Sarah screamed with excitement when i told her all about my conversation with Ryan in the car and how i had finally come to my senses. 

It was friday afternoon and we were done with school for the day, and sitting on my bed chatting. 

It was the eve of Nicholas' party, and i had every intention of still going. 

'So what are you going to do today when you see him?' she questioned, smiling widely at me. 

I giggled, 'Well, i'll do the usual at first' i started, catching her rolling her eyes out of the corner of my eye. 

'But then I'm going to turn around, surprise the hell out of him, and tell him I'm done with it all' 

'Thank god! Who would have thought Ryan Pierce would be the one to show you the light?' 

We laughed together, it was true. 

I never would have thought.

'Anyway' she said changing the subject, 'What time are we getting ready then'

'Later' i said, walking over to the shelves and picking up the old photo albums i was looking at the other day. 'First we- I mean I need closure, and you're going to help me.'

We spent the next 2 hours talking through every single picture together, and it acted as very good therapy for me. 

When we were done i closed the books and passed them to Sarah. 

'Here' i said, smiling sadly. 'Take them, i don't want them sitting there on my shelf looking at me anymore'

She took them from me straight away. 'Good idea, and anyway once you finally get over him completely we can look at them again.'

I sighed out of relief  'Exactly'

---------------------------------------------

I walked into the party that night feeling alot more on edge than usual.