Chapter 33 - Sick buddies

I was ill. And no just 'oh i have a cold' ill. 

Oh no, i had taken a whole week off school. My throat felt like it was being scratched at all times, my head was banging as if i was in a club with loud music, and to top it off i was unbelievably tired yet could not sleep at all.

It had got to the point that all i wanted was the go into school, and you know something is wrong when that's the way you feel. 

'I feel better today' I groaned on friday morning, as my dad came into my room with a glass of water and some tablets. 

'No you don't Kara, look at you' He said, as he passed me the tablets and the water. 

I took them out of his hand, giving in. My head still hurt like mad but i just needed to get out the house desperately. 

'Thanks' I mumbled, dropping them into my mouth and swallowing the water with them. I cringed at the feeling of them sliding down my throat which I absolutely hated. 

'Just stay in bed for today, i'm sure you'll be okay by monday' He told me, kissing my head as he left my room. He was on his way to work, so I would be home alone for another day. 

I grabbed my phone from my desk, texting Sarah that I wouldn't be coming in again today. 

'Ugh, but I get bored at school!' She text me back almost straight away. 

I laughed putting it under my pillow as i closed my eyes again in an attempt to go to sleep. It started buzzing again a couple of seconds later though so i quickly got it from under my pillow, checking it again. 

'Ryan misses you' Sarah had text me again, after i ignored her last text. 

'Don't be ridiculous, he came round two days ago and brought me pizza!' I text back, laughing slightly again. 

Ryan had come round to my house on wednesday surprising me with pizza after he had finished school. It was a nice gesture, but the smell of it made me run up to my room and puke in my toilet, which was fun. 

Despite that, Ryan stayed home with me and watched Gossip Girl with me because thats all i wanted to watch. He wasn't exactly pleased, but i was so who cares. 

'You guys just can't be away from each other for too long' she text back. I knew she was smirking as she wrote it so i just ignored the text and went to sleep again. 

--------------

I woke up at 11o'clock to the doorbell buzzing loudly. Whoever was at the door was being fucking annoying because they had kept their finger on the buzzer instead of just buzzing once. 

I rolled out of bed, groaning slightly as i pulled a jumper over my head. 

'Shut up!' I screamed, as if the person who was at my door could hear me from my bedroom and would stop buzzing. 

I ran down the stairs when the sound didn't stop. 

When i opened the door i was not surprised to see Ryan standing at my door. Even though it was a school day, the only person who ever seemed to turn up at my house unannounced was him. 

'Of course' I groaned, sniffling as i wiped my nose with some tissue. 'What are you doing here?'

'You need to apologise to me' He said. I noticed that he was wearing some pyjama bottoms and a white t-shirt. He was carrying a supermarket bag. 

'For what?' I asked, confused to why he wasn't in school. 

'Making me ill!' He said as if it was obvious. He slid past me into my house, grabbing a tissue from the side table as he walked in and blowing his nose.