Chapter 12 - The problem with Mothers

'I'm Home!' my dad boomed through the house as he walked through the front door after arriving home. 

I placed my laptop on the bed next to me and ran down the stairs as soon as i heard him. 

I gave him a tight hug when i greeted him. 'Finally!' i joked, 'I was starting to think you'd left me forever' 

'Oh don't be silly, Munchkin' I rolled my eyes at his nickname for me. He had called me 'Munchkin' since i was about thirteen, and still hadn't stopped although i was now seventeen. 

'Are you going out later?' he asked me, as he placed his bag on the table and placed his keys on the counter. 

'No, i was out last night, i was just going to stay in a watch a film' i replied, glancing at my watch. 'It's already 6!' i said surprised. 

'Should I make your favourite for dinner then?' he asked, smiling at me

'Yes!' i said excitedly. A home cooked meal sounded amazing, especially my favourite one. 

Dad spent an hour over the stove, chopping up stuff and cooking as i decided to catch up on some homework. 

I had sort of neglected my work recently, with the dance stuff and the shit that had gone on with Nicholas. 

By the time Dad was finished with dinner, i had only written about half an essay. 

I guess typing my essay on my laptop with tabs open for twitter and Facebook wasn't exactly the best idea. 

As i walked down the stairs i immediately smelt the food, which made me want to get to the kitchen quicker. 

I sat down at the table, and started to eat the chicken and sweet potato wedges my dad had made for me. 

'oh my god dad this is just the best i love it' i said, stuffing the food into my mouth like a pig

'You have to learn how to make it so you can eat it when I'm away' he said between mouthfuls. 

i scoffed. 'Come on Dad, you know I'm the worst at cooking that would never work'. 

He shook his head jokingly and carried on eating. 

I had been watching a film with my dad when i must have fallen asleep.

I woke up in my bed, tucked in under the covers. 

I smiled, feeling alot more safe now that my dad was home. 

------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning, and made my way down the stairs half asleep. I didn't have dance practice with Ryan today because the studio was closed on Sunday.

Ryan had really surprised me yesterday for being so nice to me, but i had really appreciated him being on my side with the whole Nicholas thing. 

Which to be honest he would have been for anyone, considering he hated Nicholas' guts. 

When i got to the kitchen, i was pleasantly surprised to see that dad had made a massive spread of food for my breakfast. 

He had made pancakes, waffles, toast and put out lots of fruit. 

I was happy he had done it, but it also made me suspicious. 

'Hello Munchkin' he said when he saw me come in. 

'This looks so good' i said, sitting down at the table. 

'Well tuck in' he smiled at me, whilst grabbing a waffle for himself.