Chapter 30 - Vodka

Chapter 30 - Vodka

Once Ryan had left, I cleaned up the mess he left around the kitchen then text Sarah straight away telling her i wanted to see her later. 

I would have called her but i knew she was with Liam and didn't want to interrupt their little date until it was over. 

My dad had come home at about 12 o'clock just after Ryan left. 

The atmosphere at home seemed slightly tense ever since the situation with my mother, and my dad seemed slightly awkward around me still. 

To be honest, i was doing everything i could to avoid thinking about it. Therefore, although the thing with Ryan was annoying, and not exactly welcome, it gave me something else to think about which i was slightly grateful for. 

And one other good thing was that there was no sign of Nicholas or Olivia last night wither, thank god. 

I was completely over it, but i still wanted to avoid them at all costs. 

Ryan had brought it up briefly as we ate pancakes, mumbling that he would have 'kicked Nicholas' butt' if he had turned up. 

To be fair, I wouldn't object to seeing that. 

As i sat on my bed, watching a gossip girl episode my phone started buzzing. I picked it up from my bedside table, confused to see i didn't recognise the number that flashed up on the phone screen. 

I answered the call cautiously, saying a quiet 'hello?' down the phone line. 

'Hi Kara, it's Sam' The voice on the other side of the phone spoke cheerfully. 

'Oh!' i said relaxing slightly. 'Whats up?'

'Do you want to come over and have a girly movie night with Violet and I tonight?' she asked, 'you can invite Sarah too' 

'Yea actually, I'm in desperate need of a girls night!' I chirped down the phone, pleasantly surprised she had asked me. 

'Yay!' she cheered. 'Okay, I'm going to get popcorn and sweets and shit loads of food okay? Any preferences?' 

'Ben and Jerry's for sure!' I laughed. 

'On it' she spoke. 'Come over at 8ish? I'll text you my address.' 

'Great, see you then' i said, hanging up the phone and placing it back down, smiling. 

It was so nice of Sam to involve Sarah and I and reach out to be more friendly. For a long time it had been just Sarah and I, and having Ryan recently in my life had changed that. 

I loved Sarah, but having a bigger friendship group was always a nice thing. 

I pulled my laptop up onto my lap, logging into Facebook and scrolling through my timeline. I froze as i stopped on a picture that had been uploaded by Gaby. 

The picture was of Ryan, sitting outside by the bonfire from last night, with Gaby sitting on his lap with her arms wrapped around his neck, and her head resting on his shoulder. 

They looked like a cute, genuine, happy couple. 

I shut the laptop suddenly, pushing it off my lap. 

Vodka. I definitely needed Vodka for our girls night. 

I grabbed my car keys quickly, heading to the shops in my car to get some vodka. I had my cousins spare id in my purse she gave to me, that i always used to buy alcohol if i needed too. 

We practically looked like twins, except she lived on the other side of the world in Australia. 

As I made my way through the store, I remembered my meeting i had with Olivia and Nicholas and how fucking shit it had been when I saw their hands clasped together.