13 | home

★

THE RIDE BACK HOME from the hospital was tense, Kev didn't even blare his shitty country music to try and make them feel better. In fact, there was no music at all. The only sound had been the tires moving against the pavement. Now, the only sound was distant sirens, and honking from the main road. Amara hopped out of the car first, taking a half-asleep Silvia gently by the arm. She sighed, glancing back towards the Gallagher household, until Fiona came into view.

"Take her home."

"I want to help you clean up, Fi."

"Amara," she put a comforting hand on the younger girl's shoulder. "You look like you're about to pass out from exhaustion. You have those raccoon bags under your eyes, the same ones you always get right before you fall asleep on my couch. Please, go home. We've got it covered."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," Fiona assured. "I promise. And check on Lip for me? He's still pissed and not talking to me. I just wanna make sure he's alright."

"I will. See you tomorrow."

"Night," Fiona quietly called after them as Amara walked Silvia home. Their house was quiet once they entered, which surprised her. It was only about midnight, and it was a holiday. Although, she wasn't complaining, she wasn't in the mood for any bullshit from her parents.

After tucking Silvia into bed, Amara jogged down the stairs to see what messes she had to clean up that night. Her mood instantly darkened once she saw that the entire kitchen was trashed. Food covered plates still sat on the table, beer cans and trashed were thrown all over the room. There was even some sticky shit next to the fridge, which Amara didn't even want to know what it was.

She blinked back the tears that had been threatening to spill over all night, and swallowed the lump in her throat as she began to throw all of the debris into the trash can. By the time she was done, it was almost two o'clock, and she leaned against the countertop with a sigh. Why had she been the one to get stuck cleaning after everyone else? Why was it her job?

Amara's gaze found the calendar taped on the far wall, and she slowly made her way over to it once she saw a giant red circle on one of the dates.

November 29.

The day after Thanksgiving. Why had that been marked? Amara's eyes went wide once she realized, and she immediately grabbed a marker, scribbling out the words that had been written. With a sigh, she glanced around the room one last time to make sure she didn't miss anything, before she flicked the light switch off and began to walk towards the stairs.

"Hey," a masculine voice greeted, shaking Amara from her sleep, and she cracked open her eyes to meet Lip's gaze. She slowly pushed herself up, yawning as he shifted on her bed.