15 | you're shitting me

tw: sexual assault/harassment

"STOP MOVING," AMARA GRUMBLED in annoyance, her voice groggy from sleep as she attempted to get comfortable once more. He ignored her, and shifted again. Amara grunted. "Shithead. You're a bad pillow. Pillows aren't supposed to move."

"Sorry," came Lip's response from above her head as she settled the side of her cheek onto his chest. "I can't stop thinking about what happened to Karen. I think I'm gonna visit her."

Immediately, she felt a pit of unease, and a little bit of betrayal form in her stomach. Karen had been hit by a car the previous night before, and was sent into a coma. She felt guilty for being jealous, but she couldn't help it. Lip always wound up crawling back to the manipulative bitch—she was just worried she'd end up losing another person. She didn't want him to walk out like everybody else had.

"Right," she murmured, sleep suddenly no longer in her voice, and she sat upright.

"Hey," Lip pressed gently, grabbing her elbow to pull her back down. She sighed, allowing one of her hands to fiddle with the strap of his white tank top that he'd just thrown on moments before. "What time do you finish at the Alibi today?"

"Three, I think," she replied, fighting off the urge to smile once he started tracing patterns on her back. "Why?"

"No reason," he answered, though she could tell he was lying by the tone change in his voice.

"You're not gonna leave right now, right?"

"Course not," he lightly kissed the nape of her neck. "You're more important." Amara finally broke, and grinned. "But, you do have to go to work soon, so get your ass up."

"Yeah, yeah," she snuggled deeper into his chest. "Just gimmie five more minutes."

"Hey, if it isn't Liberace," Tommy joked when Frank walked into the bar, and the surrounding people bursted out laughing when the older man waved them off.

"Liberace was rich," Kate retorted, bringing in a couple of dirty cups, which Amara went to clean.

"Go ahead and mock," Frank rolled his eyes. "But I have found a constituency willing to reward me for my talents."

"Larceny and vomiting?" Kev questioned tauntingly.

"And lying," Amara added as Frank slid onto one of the bar stools, flipping out a folder filled with cash—which Kevin immediately snatched from him, ignoring his protests.

"You haven't paid your tab in months, Frank. Oh! Look at all this. Good for you. Mara, here's a fifty. Let me give you some change," he turned back to Frank, handing him a bill.

"Five bucks?" He asked in disbelief, and Amara tauntingly waved her fifty in his face, before going off to serve a new customer.

"You're lucky we don't charge interest."

"Haven't seen you this cleaned up in ages," Kate commented.

"Uh, Christmas 2008," Frank replied. "Your mom made dinner for you and me. Then she went away, and you and I made a videotape."

"Oh, you're shitting me!" Amara snorted. "You two have fucked?!"

Kate groaned. "Don't even."

Amara cackled, trailing after her. "Nope! You definitely have to tell me now."

"Do not!"

"Whatever," she shook her head in amusement, and grabbed another cup off the counter to dump it into the sink.