17 | to build a home...tent

"WAKE UP," FIONA ORDERED in a sing-song voice, and Amara grumbled, turning onto her other side. Her foot fell off Lip's bed, and not even a moment later, she felt fingers tickle her, and she screamed, jolting upright. Fiona snickered, before going into the next room to wake up Liam and Carl. Amara glanced to her left, realizing that Lip was no longer next to her, and she quickly slipped on a pair of socks, and made her way downstairs.

He was sitting at the table, drinking a cup of coffee, smiling at her when she stepped into the room. "Morning."

"Morning. Are you packed?"

"Yeah," she nodded, sliding onto the chair across from him with a granola bar in her hands. "You?"

"Nah. Was hoping you'd do it for me."

She rolled her eyes. "You lazy shit."

"What? You've always been better at organizing than me."

"Fine," she huffed, and he grinned winningly. "Where's your suitcase?"

"I'll go grab it," he said, standing up and walking into the living room, just as Fiona came bounding down the stairs.

"Find the flashlights, Debs?"

"No."

"Check the closet."

"I did," she whined, and Silvia hopped off the last step, carrying her duffel bag which she'd borrowed from Ian. "Like three times."

The eldest Gallagher sighed loudly, and went to check the closet, while Lip came back with his bag, handing it to her. Amara took one last bite of her toast before pulling the object up the stairs and into his room to pack it.

"No wait, I don't want that one," Lip interrupted five minutes later when she began to place one of his shirts into the suitcase. "It fits me weird."

Amara shot him a look. "How about this one?"

"No."

She refrained from actually growing annoyed, and held up a loose white tank-top. "This one?"

"No."

"Lip!"

"What? I don't like it."

"Then why the hell do you own it?"

"For moments like these," he replied sarcastically.

She scowled. "Pack your own bag. I have to shit."

"Flattering."

"You know it."

Camping was a lot less fun than she thought it was going to be, if she were being completely honest. It was mostly for the kids, while the adults got to sit around and drink beer. Debbie and Silvia played that beanbag game where they had to hop from one end to another, and the redhead ended up falling flat on her face. Silvia, surprisingly, did not help her up, instead, she raced to the finish line. Amara snickered. That's my sister, she thought proudly.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Fiona talking to a blonde guy—presumably her boss, whom she'd told Amara all about. They were awfully close, actually, and the heart-eyes he was making at her were pretty obvious. Even from how far away she was, she could see the tension between the two of them. That wasn't good. Weren't her and Jimmy still together? Granted, she was still pissed at the man, too, but she didn't condone cheating. Maybe she was reading into the situation too deeply. Fiona hated cheaters as well. She would never. At least, that's what Amara told herself.