06 | i accidentally robbed a bank

★

"GOOD MORNING BITCHES!" AMARA greeted, walking into the Gallagher residence, two plates in either of her hands. "I got bored and made a ton of pancakes."

Fiona peered down at the plates she placed onto the counter. "Jesus, how many of them did you make? This will last us at least three days."

"A lot. Like I said, I was bored." Her eyes found Ian and Lip, who were lying on the floor under the water heater. The blonde poked his head up, his brows raising in suspicion.

"You cooked?"

"Well yeah."

"You never cook."

"The directions are on the box, relax. I mean, I burnt the first like ten, but I threw them at the homeless guy who was passed out in my backyard. Then he turned around and it was Frank."

"Waste of pancakes," Ian muttered, and Amara snorted.

"The wake is this morning," Lip said, and she looked over at him, confused. "Let's go—hey Mar you wanna come since you're so bored?"

"Come where?"

"Steal a dead old lady's water heater since ours is broken," Ian finished.

Amara grinned, "I'm in. I hate old people. They're so mean."

"Can I go?" Debbie asked as the three of them were out the door.

"Uh..." Lip trailed off. "No." And just like that the trio left the building, and they were gone.

In the distance, Amara could hear police sirens, but that wasn't unusual considering they lived in Chicago. What was unusual was the helicopters flying overhead, and she counted at least four of them pass by.

Lip, Ian, and Amara were stood behind a set of stairs, watching as the man who's mother just died usher people into the funeral he was hosting.

"So we're just gonna wait out here?" Ian asked.

"Yeah, Lip. I'm bored. More bored than I was while cooking an entire box of pancake mix. Where's the action?"

He sighed, glancing between the two of them. "He's a chain-smoking pothead in a stress-inducing situation. He'll be out soon."

"What are we supposed to say?"

"I dunno," Lip shrugged. "Just play it cool."

"Play what cool?" Ian wondered, and Amara shared a look with Lip.

"Things people play cool, Jesus Ian." The redhead let out a quiet laugh, just before a cell phone rang from Lip's pocket. Amara stared at him in surprise.