11 | arby's, we've got the meats

★

"GOTTA LOVE THESE HALF days," Ian said on their way to school, and Amara nodded in agreement. She absentmindedly kicked one of the rocks she'd found earlier on the road, the pebble skidded against the pavement.

"Good thing the public school system is broke," Mandy commented, which led to the fake couple having a hitting contest. Amara had to admit, she actually liked Mandy. She was a total step up from Karen. The though of the brunette didn't make Amara want to gorge her eyes out.

"Yeah, waste of time anyways," Lip muttered from besides her, swinging the bag in his hands back and forth. Amara smirked at him, the two of them had an argument a day prior, and Lip ended up in the wrong. So, Amara ended up guilt tripping him into carrying her bag to school everyday. She loved it. "The only thing those people are equipped to teach is how to live with disappointment."

"Well aren't you morbid today?" Amara teased. "It's like, there's a dark, dark cloud looming over your head. Which, I don't know how because you're spending time with me. And I'm like a total ray of sunshine."

Ian laughed from the opposite end of the line, leaning forward as they continued to walk. "I'm not sure I would use those words to describe you, but whatever floats your boat."

"You know, I am totally bullied in this friendship. I don't know you put up with 'dating' him. He's a total loser."

Mandy shook her head with a giggle. "I think he's sweet."

"Just wait until the sixteen years of friendship hits you. You won't think that then."

"Hey, wanna catch a movie later? Brandy can sneak us in."

"Can't," Ian replied. "Gotta be at work by three."

Lip glanced over to his brother. "Nice jacket Kash bought you by the way."

"Thanks."

"He's like your sugar daddy," Amara said. "Does he want another person to spend money on?"

"Make it three," Mandy cut in. "I'll take it in the ass if Kash will get me free stuff." Amara laughed, high-fiving the other girl, the two of them wearing matching smirks.

"Look how evil they are together," Ian muttered, shaking his head. "We should've never let them become friends."

"Hey!" An unfamiliar voice called, making the four of them turn around in confusion. Lip and Ian stepped in front of the two girls protectively. "Yeah I'm talking to you."

"Yeah?" Lip questioned.

"You got a phone?"

"Why, your truck break down?"

"No, genius," the man replied sarcastically. "I like standing in a shitty neighborhood with my dick in my hands."

"Well that's public indecency," Amara pointed out. "And that's no way to treat someone who's phone you're about to borrow."