{Chapter 33}

(A/N: This chapter contains some themes that may be disturbing to some readers, such as blood and gore. Viewer discretion is advised.)

Liu's knife dug into the monster's flesh with a sickening sound of blood hitting the floor. His green eyes were wide, and an insane and broken laugh echoed from his lips. "You seriously thought that you could take her from me? You thought that you could have [Name]?" His laugh grew louder. "You filthy fuckbags shouldn't even be allowed to live at the same time as [Name]!" He didn't realize that there was another masked creature lunging at him from behind. He turned his head and saw the tanto gleaming viciously. He stammered and stumbled back, dodging the attack narrowly. The monster stumbled and tried to regain his stance, but Jeff didn't give the creature the chance.

"You do have to be careful," Jeff growled through his teeth to his brother as his knife cut the monster's lifeline.

"Since when are you one to talk?" he snickered back. [Sister's Name] was in the background. Her hands moved in complete elegance with her dagger that Slender had given to her as a reward for all of her hard work. Whenever a multitude of demon troops began to surround her, she would draw the water out of the air and slashed at those who surrounded. Blood spilled on the floor, and the water would return into the atmosphere. She spun around to the brothers, her [eye color] hues narrowed and sharp.

"I'm since when. If he dies, I will get the boss to revive him so I can beat him an inch towards death and then lock him up," she said so coolly that it sent a shiver down Liu's spine. "Stop shitting around. My sister's on the line here." A demon that was cloaked in black shadows jumped at her. She sidestepped and dug her blade deep into his ribs before turning around and giving a sly grin. She then ran back into the fray to where Toby was jumping and slicing. His laughs were out of control, and he was constantly yelling out taunts, like:

"Is that all you've got?" "I would expect more from Zalgo's goons!" "The voices in my head told me to say hi, you ass-eating motherfuckers!"

Well, you get the idea.

[Sister's Name] fought with him. His movements were wild and would sometimes become shaky or jittery due to his twitches; it would happen when his sanity seemed to be broken, or he was nervous. His twitches were rare and far between, though, as he was concentrated. Liu was reminded how he was once talking to Toby when Toby told him that the scent and sight of blood were somewhat calming to him. And Liu thought that he had some issues, but Toby always made him feel somewhat normal, so that was nice.

Jeff huffed. His brother could tell that Jeff was getting jealous and pissed, which never mixed well. However, it did seem to fuel his fighting and precision, so Liu didn't try to calm him down. He swore to himself that he would try to help Jeff more in the future, but this didn't seem to be hurting anyone that much right then. Liu glanced at the dozens of new bodies that were lying about the floor. Erm... Okay, maybe it was hurting someone.

"Keep fighting, children," Slender called from the front. His tendrils were covered with blood. The scene around him was too gruesome to even speak of. It made Liu's stomach churn; he felt like he was going to through up from how disgusting it was. All that you need to know is that it was incredibly bloody and gooey, with body parts and intestines strewn all across the floor. The leader looked on at the enemies around him; there were many, but Zalgo's numbers were dwindling. Yes, they were diminishing, but the battle was nowhere near over. "Keep up the morale and spirits. We can win this, but we cannot give up." People cheered and blood began to flood quicker than before.

"Huh. Slender does know how to bring everyone together," Liu chuckled before he turned and charged at a man that looked like a cross of a moth and a human. He dug his knife deep into the creature's stomach, twisting it and earning an agonized scream (if you could call it that.) Toby jumped in and hacked off its head with his hatchet.