{Chapter 2}

You typed angrily at your keyboard. You were a secretary for a business that was near your home. Click, click, click.That was the most common sound in the room where you sat. Ring ring ring. That sound was highly appreciated, because it meant that you could have just enough human interaction where you would keep your sanity, but not so much that the people annoyed you.. usually.

You were wearing your white blouse with the little bow-tie and the skirt that was form fitting, but looked very professional. It was what you were expected to wear. If it kept you in your cozy apartment and off of the dead-end streets, than it was worth it. It's not anyone would harass you or anything. You were usually alone, except when you would update your boss, Mr. Humijay, about anything that happened. You would work quietly, and that's how you liked it.

"Excuse me, I'm here to see Charles Humijay."

"Sir, you're going to need an..." You trailed off when you looked up to see gentle brown and a smile to accompany it. "appointment..." you finished, unable to look away from his eyes. He laughed lightly at this.

"I'm his son, Luke Humijay. I just came here because my dad told me to get my butt here before he burst out crying from loneliness," he joked lightheartedly.

"So that's why I was told to keep this time closed for any appointments," you whispered to yourself.

"You know, I was kind of dreading this week. My dad tries to get me to agree to buy the family business and boast about everything that he has done since I've been gone. It becomes kind of depressing and sad after years and years of it. Seeing you here, though, I think that it might make my trip worth it." You could feel your face burn up wildly. You played it cool, though.

"My name is [Name] [Last Name]. It's nice to finally meet you. You know, your father goes on and on about how exceptional you are. He's really proud of you." Luke smiled softly, his brown his glowing lightly in the sunlight.

"I never knew that. Thanks, [Name], that means a lot to me." You smiled in response.

"Don't mention it, Luke. Now, your father is waiting inside. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Stop sounding like my mother!" he laughed. "But... I can't wait to see you tomorrow." You blushed once more and waved as he walked into your boss's office. After a couple of minutes of wrapping everything up, you clocked out and made your way home. Down the street, on the subway, and up the elevator, just like every other day. In front of your door, though, laid a delicate red rose. You picked it up nimbly and smiled, walking into your house and locking the door. The day was one of the best ones that you had in a long time. Little did you know that his deep green eyes had been watching you while you were walking home. You still wend to sleep, though, feeling safe and happy. It seemed almost new to you, since you hadn't felt it in a while.