{Chapter 17}

Rays of comforting warmth drifted through the thin curtains that overlapped each other on the window slowly roused you from your deep sleep. You let out a small hum from your [lip color] lips as you rolled to your other side, being met with more warmth. Two familiar arms found themselves around you, spreading their own heat throughout your body. If you were around anyone else, then you would have instinctively shove Liu off the bed and put up your icy defenses. The truth was, though, that you were becoming quite intrigued and feeling safe around him, so you were more than happy to be around him. So, you found yourself snuggling deeper into his arms, which caused a chuckle to resonate from his lips. "You look like a young rabbit, my dearest," he whispered into your ear, his voice low and raspy. You felt a shiver slither down your spine from the statement.

"I-I'm not sure if that should be a flattering statement," you whispered, struggling to control the burning sensation the blush was spreading over your face and down your neck.

"You are ever so innocent..." His eyes slowly gazed over you, looking you up and down. The deep green seemed to be darkened; this seemed to be a warning, one that made you doubt and wonder if you should be so close. You knew that he was technically not sane, but he wouldn't hurt you.... right? "You look for protection, like a rabbit does from the fox..." He than gently held you down, never breaking eye contact with your [eye color] orbs. "But, what if the fox protects the rabbit? What if he needs the rabbit for different hunger?"

You felt your face darken to a deeper shade of scarlet. Your mind was racing. Why is he acting like this? This is completely different from the Liu that I know...Nonetheless, you shivered shyly, looking down. He gently cupped your face.

"Such a sweet rabbit..." His smirk grew, as if he himself were the Cheshire Cat. You knew that you were no where near as strong as he was. You felt a rush of panic surge through your body.

Make it stop... Please... This isn't the Liu that I trust...

You closed your eyes as you felt the brunette's warm breath hit against your face. Your eyes were squeezed shut, trying to control the tears that were gathering in your eyes. Never before had he made you feel so afraid. You were racking your brain as to what could have gotten into him.

This isn't the Liu that I fell for....

You planned on giving up. You didn't want to make him upset, and you didn't want to get hurt. Before anything could get out of hand, though, the door was kicked down. You looked up in surprise to find the male wearing an orange hoodie and a ski mask anyone could notice. "What the hell is going on here?" he demanded, scanning the situation that you were trapped in.

"None of your business," Liu spat, his usually bright and kind eyes now cold and slit in a glare.

"I'll m-make it my business if you are hurting s-someone that you claim to care about." A silence settled into the room. You could hear footsteps of multiple people who realized that another door had been thrown off its hinges. It was a common form of destruction in the household. Masky and Toby joined Hoodie in the doorway, and you could see Toby's dark eyes incredibly wide, even through his goggles.

"W-What the h-h-hell are yo-ou doing!?" Toby yelled, his tourettes being fueled by his anger of the situation.

"How about you all just fuck off!?" You winced and whimpered a little at the sudden noise. You couldn't stop it. You couldn't stop the tear from slipping from your eyes and down your cheek. It was followed by another, then another, and many began to follow its lead. You bit your lip, struggling to control yourself from sobbing. Your mind raced -- overwhelmed -- trying to understand and stay calm at the same time. You hated this feeling that was too familiar. You hated it, because you knew it too well.

฿ⱤØ₭Ɇ₦.

That was the only thing that you could feel flood your senses. The safety and security that once enveloped you in a warm way had changed to how ice cold water felt to the skin.

"You're making her cry..." Masky growled. He didn't wait another moment. He marched into the room and gently pulled you away from Liu, holding you tightly. You hid your face in Masky's shoulder, your body trembling uncontrollably. You hated the jurrastic change. You hated that pace of change. You despised it.

"Tim," Liu growled, his green eyes never leaving your form as if he himself was the fox -- the predator -- and you were his prey. "Give her back. Or you will regret it." The masked male laughed a little.

"Hah! You think you can beat me? I am more experienced, and one of Slenderman's best. You need to learn your place and know who you are allowed to kill." Masky rubbed your back gently. "Come on. Let's get you someplace safe." You gave a small nod, too terrified to say anything. The others led you out, the brunette still watching you from his bed.

You sipped your hot drink shakily. It had been hours since the incident, but you were still quite shaken up. There were times when you would randomly start breaking down, sobbing uncontrollably. Hoodie and Masky weren't the best at those kinds of human interactions, but luckily Toby's instincts kicked in. You would cry on his shoulder while he told you that everything would be alright. It would slowly calm your cries, helping you out.

Masky left to talk to Slender about the incident. He walked in and helped to reassure you the best that he could. "He will learn his lesson. I promise that you won't have to go through something that terrifying again." Slender's fatherly aura and nature helped your calm your anxiety.

As the day continued, the news spread through the household as people returned from their jobs or outings. Luckily, Sally didn't hear, though. No one wanted to possibly give her a flashback from her own trauma. Dark Link snickered every time he saw you, though. He would whisper to the others comments that would twist their face in disgust at his words. BEN offered to play games. "I won't glitch it nearly as much I do with Jeff." This earned a yell from above the stairs. Toby, Masky, and Hoodie stayed by you all day, which made you feel less vulnerable. You sighed lightly as you fell back onto the couch in the living room. Your [eye color] hues slowly fluttered shut as you felt exhaustion tug at your eyes.

"Are these kind of days normal around here?" you asked to no one in particular. Masky chuckled.

"There aren't too many girls that people here stalk and find a girl that we don't get annoyed with," he answered.

"B-BEN was the first to stalk his girlfriend, but Helen was the first out of us to find a girlfriend that we felt serious about. She's a killer for one of Slender's brothers, though," Toby elaborated. BEN went red.

"T-That isn't your story to tell, you clock!!" He then dove into the television, to where you thought his girlfriend would be waiting. You turned to Toby in curiosity.

"Helen? He doesn't live here, does he? Slender has brothers?" Your confusion was seen as adorable, and caused the other three to laugh. "What?"

"Well, there are four Slender brothers. Slender, Offender, and Splendor especially have their own set of proxies and killers. Helen works for Splendor, who is also the biological father of Helen's girlfriend." You nodded slowly.

"Well, I guess that my life really has changed," you laughed. Toby and Masky gave you a funny look while Hoodie sat in the corner, reading his book.

"You ju-ust realized this?" Toby laughed. It was nice. He was childish, but he was nice and understood a lot more than people gave him credit for. Masky was much more mature and a little colder, but he was kind nonetheless.

"Sure, things may be a little crazier, but now you have a few people you can trust," Masky answered. You looked up and then at each of the males slowly. You slowly found a smile coming to your lips.

"Yeah," you whispered to yourself. "I have some friends for once...."