{Chapter 21}

It had been a couple of days after Zalgo had made his threat, and the house that had been full of life suddenly seemed to be drown in tension and a sullen outlook. You had begun wandering through the household, some times thinking back to when BEN would make Jeff furious by the amount of times that the smaller male would win, or how Masky would begin to chase Toby out of annoyance. It had all almost become routine, and you missed you; you missed it to a point that you started to live more in the past. You simply didn't want to deal with the present.

You were currently standing in the doorway of the living room. You smiled lightly as you thought back to the days that led to you slowly warm up to the people in the mansion.

"BEN! You're such an asshole!" Your [eye color] orbs slowly trailed up from the book that you were reading before Jeff's angry voice rang through the room. Toby was on the floor, rolling around and clutching his sides from his laughter. "I have told you before that it is cheating, even if it comes naturally to you!"

"How about you don't kill innocent fangirls. Have you ever thought about that?" the blonde snickered, as if he had come up with the best come-back of the century. You couldn't stop yourself from facepalming as the argument continued.

"They're not innocent! Have you seen the fan fiction and art? They know nothing about innocence!" Just as had finished his statement, a vibration stirred in his back pocket, and he pulled out his black, cracked phone and tapped some numbers in. He clicked onto his messaging app, and rolled his eyes almost immediately. "It's like she's telepathic, or something..." he muttered. Toby's head tilted with curiosity and he pulled himself over to see what was on his phone. You watched him in confusion. Was it just you, or did he seem to smile a little bit more after seeing the message? If he was, than it didn't last long since Jeff hit him in the back of the head. "Don't look at my phone, dude. I don't care if she texts me or not," he groaned. Toby pouted and turned his back to the other two males, tracing circles on the floor.

"Jeez, you two are so easily side-tracked," BEN stated with a Dorito hanging out of his mouth as he played a round of Super Smash Bros.

"What did you say, elf?" the black-haired male growled, his eyes staring at the back of the gamer's head.

"See? You just proved my point," he shrugged. You could tell that Jeff was getting ready to take a page from Toby's book and tackle the short male, so you stepped in.

"Just try to play me, either of you," you sighed, closing your book in annoyance. All of them turned to you in shock, which you rose your eyebrow to. "What? Is that so surprising?"

"Well... You just seem so...emotionally steady?" BEN stated, stumbling over his words with uncertainty. Your eyes simply bore deeper into him, seemingly darkening as if they were about to target a prey that you would soon pounce and destroy. "Hehehe? Isn't it a compliment...?" he asked. Jeff sat in between the two of you, and, at this point, he simply shook his head.

"BEN isn't just pervy, but also awkward!" he laughed. The blonde young man slowly turned to him.

"... I will kill you," he eventually growled.

"I'd like to see you try," the grinning killer smirked. You could sense the anger welling up in the smaller male, so you quickly shoved a game controller in his face. He blinked a couple of times in surprise before his usual Chesire-Cat grin returned to his feature and he grabbed his controller.

"I hope you're ready, because I'm known of the king of games around here." You rolled your [eye color] hues before choosing your character.