{Chapter 8}

'What a sucky day at work,' you whimpered mentally, keeping your head down in defeat. 'At least Ms. Luna was gone by the time that I got back...' You closed your eyes, trying to focus on putting your energy on your way home. You were just so tired... 'Why does it feel so nice to close my eyes...?' You stopped, feeling yourself slip into sleep. All day, people called, making appointments and asking questions. Mentally, you were drained. You then lost balance and toppled over, but you couldn't catch yourself, for you were too slow.

You squeezed your eyes, waiting for the impact, but you felt two safe arms around you instead. Lazily opening your eyes, there were met with such a familiar passionate green. "L..Lui?" was all that you could manage to get out. He smiled; it was small, and shy, but also crooked, and goofy.

"Did you fall for me?" he asked.

'Yep. He's totally a dork.'

"I technically fell because of work," you answered. He chuckled.

"Straight to the point, huh?" he retorted. The night air was cool, and Lui's warmth made the night even more relaxing. There were barely any people around, so - besides the occasional car passing by - you two were alone. Your head was on his chest, which was covered by a wrinkled black tee-shirt, and you could feel his chest rising and lowering itself in sync to his breathing. It was nothing less than soothing, especially with his heartbeat playing along to the song. You felt yourself curling up to him, even though you would never admit it to anyone else. For some reason, you felt safe, and like you'd known him for your whole life.

"S-Sorry for leaning on you like this..." you muttered. You tried to push yourself up, but to no avail.

"Lean on me whenever you need to, and I'll be here." His comment made your face erupt in red. "I... Actually was hoping I'd run into you, tonight." You looked up to see him squirming and adverting his eyes.

"What is it?" you asked in curiosity.

"I... I was going for an interview in your job, when I heard something... A woman with black hair and dangerously blue eyes was sitting on your desk. She was saying how she wanted to use you... She wanted to use you to make more money."

You fell silent before answering bluntly, "Doesn't surprise me." He blinked, uncertain of what to think.

"Wait, what?" he asked, staring at you in disbelief. You shrugged simply.

"I mean, did you see her? She didn't care at all about personal space, nor my feelings. She did mention about my work, but it was far from a compliment." You looked at him in curiosity. "Why do you worry?" He went red and silent simultaneously.

"... I worry about you so much, [Name]." He looked at you so gently, it was as if you were a baby bunny, or a kitten.

"Um, thank you, but why are you looking at me like that?" you asked bluntly. You two stared at each other, and you could've sworn that there were large, bold dots floating in the air above you both.

"I... I guess, it's because you're incredibly cute..." he muttered, looking down at the pavement. You slowly blushed, and - surprisingly - giggled. "Huh..?" he asked,

"You're just sweet," was your only response as you finally found the energy to push yourself up and look over at him. "Well, I should get going home. Thank you so much for the conversation!" You looked down, feeling heat spread across your face. "It helped more than you may realize," you muttered. Lui blinked. He knew that you might become defensive if he asked for you to repeat what you said, and, he didn't want to feel like he lost progress with you.

"Hey.. I know it's kinda stupid, since you're really strong and all, but..." You nodded, wanting him to go on. "... Could I please walk you home?" he asked quietly.

'What's wrong with me? Just a couple of days ago, I would have told him to go to hell, but now...'

"I'd like that," you smiled. He smiled wide; noticing that you were seeming more exhausted, he let you lean on him. The walk home was silent, but not awkward. When you arrived at the door, you smiled. "Thanks, Lui. You helped me a lot, tonight... I hope we see each other again, soon." You hugged him before running up to your room.

That night, you stared up at the stars. You remembered how Luke said he loved them... You frowned and sighed softly. Could it be that you were looking for Luke in Lui? You shook the thought from your head. No way. You knew that they were very different, even though you didn't know Lui very much. He seemed like a very different person, though. You leaned your head on your hands, feeling your eyelids drooping over your [eye color] orbs. 'I'll just have to see how things go with Lui... I won't rush anything...' That was the last thought you had before drifting to slumber.

The young male was watching you from his usual tree, though. He seemed happier than normal. "We were so close to her... it was crazy..." Sully muttered in disbelief.

"Yeah... it was nice," the host replied. Silence fell over them both before he continued, "It makes me feel like I can really protect her... It made tonight so much better," he muttered before closing his eyes. Maybe it was a good night for both of you.

A young female looked out the window of the mansion. Two strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her back. A soft giggle left her lips before she looked over her shoulder. "Couldn't sleep, dear?" Jeff asked, nuzzling his grinning face into the crook of her neck. She leaned into his touch, not trying to hide her sour expression.

"I miss her, Jeff.... I miss [Name]." Silence fell over them both before he gently turned her towards him.

"[Sister's Name]. I.. I am so sorry that I did that. If I could do it again, I would fix the mistake... You have to believe me!" Tears were forming in his crystal blue eyes, causing her to feel guilty.

"Jeff, I don't blame you anymore." She held him and kissed his cheek, causing him to relax against his touch. "I got to meet you, and I am ever so grateful for that." She then cupped his face, looking into his eyes lovingly.

"Come on, dear," he whispers softly before picking her up. "Let's get back to bed. You need your sleep."