{Chapter 22}

Slender wasn't lying when he told you that the training would be rigorous. You were currently on the couch, feeling your body riveting in pain and stiffness from the exercise. You groaned a little, trying to lean and reach for a cup of cool water that you had densely put on the coffee table. You cursed under your breath, wishing that you had waited for [Sister's Name] to come home to give into your thirst. You hung your head back and let your eyes flutter to a close, trying to ignore it.

"Were you reaching for this?" You slowly opened one [eye color] eye to see a familiar male with stunning green eyes. You bit your lip as old, familiar emotions rushed back, but clashed with the information that your newer memories had given you. You turned your head, snatching the cup from his grip.

"Maybe I was," You snapped as you sipped the cool liquid, feeling it refreshing my body with its hydrating qualities. You sighed a little, letting your eyes flutter to a close. You were completely exhausted, and all that you wanted to do was sleep and rest, having a moment of peace before you helped with dinner and went to bed. You knew that tomorrow would be the same thing, and you were ready for it. You knew that this was what you had asked for and that it was how you were going to get strong enough to help defend everyone here. Nonetheless, it did hurt like hell.

"[Name], I think that we should talk." You snapped your eyes open, quickly hopping to your feet and ignoring the burning sensation of pain that surged through your senses because of it. You held the glass in one hand as you started to walk to the doorway.

"I disagree. If you excuse me, I should start making dinner."

I just want some time... I just want to be able to heal my wounds in the dark like I always have.

Your silent wishes were not heard, or if they were, they were simply ignored. Liu grabbed onto your wrist, staring you dead in the eyes. "I'm taking the initiative to try to work things out with you, so you could at least listen to me." You bit down on your lip and yanked at your wrist, trying to free yourself from your grip.

"You lied to me. How is your 'initiative' supposed to change that?" you hissed at him, [eye color] orbs narrowing in pure anger. He shook his head, his chestnut locks simply swaying in dismay. His action seemed to be so condescending that it sent rage through you, giving you the strength to free your wrist from his grip. Faint red marks now marked where he held you, and his eyes widened in horror. You glanced at it before looking at him. "Don't act so surprised. You know your strength, don't you?" He winced back.

"Do you really think that we meant to do that?" Sully asked, his voice quiet yet angry. "We have been so goddamn desperate to talk to you that we just grabbed when we saw you. We miss you!"

"If you really cared about me, than you would not have lied to me!" You felt a faint stinging in the back of your eyes, which made you mentally curse.

Why should I feel any disregard? This is a form of betrayl, and I vowed to cut off anyone who has ties with lies like that. I don't want to care...

"I don't want to care," you whispered, looking down. Liu looked at you hopelessly, feeling the dread and hopelessness sinking in and hitting his bones. "I don't want to care about you! I don't want to feel this regret for trying to protect myself after your lies -- after your betrayl!" you suddenly yelled out. You started to feel your hands heat up with your anger, but you tried taking deep breaths. "Some times, I don't want this heart, you know." You slowly reached up and grabbed your shirt that was above your heart. "I don't want these scars and memories. I don't want to look at you and feel these sparks whenever I see those stunning eyes, those movements that make my heart skip a beat."