{Chapter 12}

"What is it?" Lui stood in Slenderman's office, his hands tucked into the pockets of his whitewash jeans. His boss could sense his slight irritation of being pulled away from the one that he was so enamoured with. With a silent sigh, the faceless man leaned back in his chair, rubbing his temples a little. First, Jeff brought a girl home, but at least she could fight and help him with the work-load that piles up - some pastas would toy with their targets, leading them to getting away. This girl didn't seem to have the same fighting spirit and fire in her eyes. In fact, they were more ghostly calm, like the cold ocean water at night.

"I apologize for pulling you away so suddenly," he started, "but I thought that you wold be interested in this job." There was a silence in the air before this voice dropped, indicating that Sully had taken over.

"Well? What is it?"

"My father, Zalgo, has made a request. There is a small tribe that is planning a rebellion against my brothers' and my own mansion. They are hoping that it will make Zalgo grieve and become irrational so they can exorcise him. I want you to take out the tribe," he explained. The brunette looked down, thinking deeply about this.

"Can I throw Jeff and let them tear him apart before I attack them?"

"Sully!" Lui scolded.

"What? Everyone knows that a good distraction for your opponent leads to success." Sully grinned mischeviously nonetheless. These two really were horrible at lying.

"Sully, I understand that you dislike your brother very much, but we are doing this to protect our family, even Jeff. So, do you accept, even on these terms?" Even though Slenderman seemingly had no eyes, he seemed to be staring into their souls. Sully looked away, almost as if he were a young child who failed to convince their parents to let him get the toy that he wanted ever-so much.

"Fine, we'll do it. But I am giving Jeff a kick in the ass when I get back." The boss nodded in approval before looking down at his papers.

"Oh, and one more thing." Lui turned back to him, stopping in his tracks. "If you play your cards right, Zalgo may just give you something in return." There was a lingering pause in the air.

"Your father has the power of a god, though..." Lui stated slowly, as if he were slowly processing this.

"I can read your mind, child. Play your cards right, and you may be happier in a situation that you can already created to your advantage"

Slash, slash.

Blood splatter over the jungle floor as another man fell to the floor, his body losing heat with every passing second. Lui didn't pay much mind to the guards that were coming after him. In fact, his instincts were mostly taking over, leading him to dodge, attack, and regroup in a timely fashion. He had trained for hours and hours, so much that they could be equivilent to years that he had lost to it. He knew that it would pay off someday, and that day was all that he was focused on.

Slash, slash, slash.

A group of guards fell to the ground, the spears that they carried clattering lifelessly; not a sound was heard by the brunette as he dodged and kicked one of the last few. All that he could think of was how this could give him a better future with [Name]. He slowly walked up to a couple of families that were cowering by a tree. He stalked up to them, as if he were a lion that was about to consume his next meal. A young boy with dark green eyes looked up at him. He could not have been older than four; he clung to his mother with tears of fear falling down his dark, tanned cheeks, and matching cries ripping through his lungs. The young boy's mother rocked him and held him close, trying to calm him down.

Lui hesitated. He had flashbacks to when he had seen his own mother die. He remembered what a monster his own brother became because of that day. Lui next besides the family and slit the tip of his finger so blood began to seep out. Then, he drew the symbol of Zalgo in dirt and blood before looking up at him. He had no idea if they could understand him, but he stated in a calm voice, "A servant of Zalgo spares you. Do not forget the blessing of life on which was given to you on this day. Now, go; live, grow, love."

The family looked a little unsure, but slowly ran off into the jungle. "You made the right decision," Sully reassured.

"I just hope that it doesn't cost me, [Name]." He looked down. "I could only think of two things: my family that Jeff killed, and the family that she and I will build together." With a sigh, he continued on his way. The air was humid, making every step incredibly exhausting. The sounds of the jungle creatures screeched and sang all around him. The purr of wild cats was barely audible, causing him to sigh. "I need to get out of here."

"Are you sure that going straight to Zalgo is a good idea?" Sully asked, not sounding as confident as usual.

"I can't risk going back to her and having our future being ruined because he didn't think I was worthy enough. Dad used to tell me that if you want something, do everything in your power to get it. This is a way for me to honor his memory." There was a long silence until they were in front of a large alter. The temple used to be worshiped by people all around the jungle, but it was forgotten over the course of history, leaving it in almost ruins. He took a deep breath before walking up, each step echoing throughout the alter and trees. It seemed as if every creature that had once decided to stop everything. Were they watching him? How could he tell? Lui could not focus on anything else except completing this.

"Hmm? Who is brave and foolish soul who dares enter this domain?" The voice was low, and it made the ground tremble. Not a word was said until the brunette spoke up.

"It's Lui. I defeated the village that stood in your way and threatened your way of life. I am here to collect something in return." He was answered with loud laughter.

"You are in no situation to make demands, young human." Lui couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I don't know what you think happens when someone does something for you, but you repay them with a favor. I just slaughtered a village because you gave the word. I respect something in return."

"And do you know why you did as I commanded?" Zalgo asked, never coming out from where he was hiding. "It is because I rule over you. I have the power to give you anything, but also take anything away. If I didn't have that power, you would not have taken the job with such urgency, would you? You wouldn't have left your conversation on such a note. Admit it, the human race is one of greed and lust." Even though Lui and Sully couldn't see him, they could hear the grin that was in his voice. "You are also one of low intelligence. Why, imagine if you don't find a way to wipe that Luke boy's existence from the world, and she finds out. We both know that you will surely die if you continue on this way with 'love' and 'loyalty'. She will be the end of you."

"Don't you dare speak of her like that!" Lui and Sully screamed at the same time. It probably wasn't the smartest idea, but they refused to let anyone speak of their dearest in such a way. To them, she was a goddess on Earth. They were blessed with her presence.

"It doesn't matter, anyways. I will not fulfill such a trivial wish. Be gone, now." The only thing that Lui could see was a red claw that was flicked in his direction before a tornado of red teleported him away, leaving him to fall on the ground of the kitchen in Slender Mansion.

"This isn't over," he growled under his breath.