distractions. | felix

You were never the person to say no to others.

This wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It's good if you're Byleth, asking someone to help Felix learn something other than swordsmanship. It's bad if you're Felix, who has had all his swords confiscated until he becomes decent at one other skill.

He's seething in the chair across from you. He had unhappily agreed to meet you in the library after dinner to practice a bit of white magic. You wanted to teach him to heal himself in others should he find himself in a pinch, but he was less than willing to do that. Felix didn't have any problems with you- no, he found you as a formidable opponent. An acquaintance. Friend? Maybe.

Felix didn't have friends, but maybe you were an exception. Or maybe he just found you annoying. You wouldn't shut up about hand positions or whatever that had to do with magic.

He began zoning out, looking at your face. You were talking so animatedly about something that he had no interest in. He couldn't help but admire you at least a little. After all, you had agreed to teach him of all people to use something that wasn't a sword. You were determined as well, trying to catch his attention again by snapping your fingers. He was well aware of what you were trying to do, but he couldn't take his eyes away-

"Ow! What the fuck, Y/N?" A sharp pain coursed through his body suddenly.

"You weren't paying attention!" You defended.

"So you decided to zap me? Aren't you supposed to be teaching me healing instead of hurting? That hurt."

"I can't  do shit if you don't pay attention." You mumbled. Felix heard you.

"Teach me some fighting tricks, then." He closed the healing tome and slid it to the side, instead picking up a book that said 'Bolganone'.

You pinched the bridge of your nose, making Felix promise to pay attention. After he agreed, you scooted your chair closer to him to show him what to do. This time, he was attentive. You weren't. You were hyper-aware of every little movement that Felix made. The way he read through the textbook, picked up the tome, or even looked at you when you explained something made your heart skip a beat every time. Hell, you were even aware of his sighs.

"I think I understand it. At least a little." Felix said after a few hours. He placed his hand on the fire tome and lifted it, creating a small flame in his palm.

You smiled and clapped. "Yay! Now I can tell the professor that I'm not completely useless." You joked.

Felix furrowed his eyebrows. You weren't useless- not one bit. Especially since you were able to teach him such a thing. He didn't want to admit it, but he could be as stubborn as Dimitri at times. "You know how you could really be useful?"

You tilted your head questioningly, so he continued. "Let me get a training sword and we can spar. You with magic and me with the sword. If you beat me, I'll seriously consider continuing your little tutoring sessions."

You nodded, a little too enthusiastically, and walked with Felix to the training grounds. Reaching the door, you both reached for the handle. Your hands brushed for a minute and electricity stronger than your thunder magic shot up your fingertips and arms. You pulled away and held your hand to your chest, smiling at him shyly when he held open the door for you. He didn't say anything, following you inside.

You threw him a training sword and pulled out your tome, getting ready to fight.

Felix attacked first, running at you with incredible speed. He swung his sword, aiming for your stomach, but you jumped out of the way, using wind magic to propel you back. You were constantly on the defensive, blocking and avoiding Felix's swings. He finally left an opening for you to lift your hand, making wind circle around the two of you. Felix's hair nearly fell out of its ponytail as a rather large gust threw him to the side and onto the ground. You came closer to him to pin him, but he swung up, hitting your chin. Catching you off guard, the wooden sword knocked you to the ground. Felix hovered over you, the tip of his sword at your throat and his face a little too close to yours.

"I win."

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. It was close."

"I have to admit- it was." He agreed, not moving. "I was pretty distracted, though."

"Really?" You sat up, making him fall back onto his heels in front of you. "By what?"

Felix looked away, contemplating what to say. Was he really about to be such a sap? He really didn't need a relationship, but there was just something so... different ... about you. You stayed in front of him, analyzing him. You were just there, breathing heavily, your wide eyes awaiting his answer. It took all he had in him not to kiss you. Or, maybe he could. Dorothea had said that you were interested...

Oh, fuck it. Felix thought. Surging forward, he cupped your jaw and pressed his lips onto yours. You made a noise in surprise, but quickly kissed back, much to his delight. You wrapped your arms around his neck and played with the hair that came loose in the wind attack while Felix's other hand joined the first on your jaw, his thumb rubbing circles into your cheekbone.

You were the first to pull away. "You still never answered me," You frowned, "What was distracting you?"

Felix only pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm in love with an idiot."