smitten kitten [2] | hybrid!felix

"This is fucking stupid."

"No it's not, you look fine." Ashe rolled his eyes. You could tell he was getting a little tired of Felix's bad mood.

It had been about two months since you found Felix and you were finally heading to the shelter to adopt him. At first you were hesitant because you didn't want to literally own someone, but Ashe finally convinced you, saying it was the only way Felix could stay with you. If they found out you were caring for a hybrid that wasn't yours, shit would hit the roof.

You didn't really know what Felix had against Ashe and Sylvain, but he absolutely despised them. When it was just the two of you in your apartment, he was sweet and actually smiled sometimes. Around the other two, he reverted back into his bitchy attitude that had Ashe ready to strangle him.

You put your hand on Felix's arm. He was tense. "There's no need to be nervous. We got you."

"Yeah!" Sylvain wagged his tail, "Look, I'm even wearing my leash so you won't be alone."

He was right. Felix put up a big fight when you tried to put on an old collar and leash but finally succumbed once he saw Sylvain wearing one as well. It was the first time since you had taken in Felix that he'd had to act like a hybrid. Leashes were mandatory in public.

Normally, you'd just give him a hat and hide his tail in his pants, but you couldn't. The shelter wouldn't be too happy if you walked in not following the rules.

You were just a little nervous about what to do once you got to the shelter. Felix hadn't shared much about his past, but you knew enough to know that his reputation with the shelter and his past owners were anything except for good. You could only pray that they would let you keep him.

Felix must have sensed your nervousness and he turned to you. "You good?"

You sighed and looked at him, "Yeah. I just don't want you going back there."

"Hm. I'll be fine." He avoided your gaze, but laid a hand on your shoulder. "Maybe if they see someone actually willing to adopt me, it'll be okay."

"Damn, gettin' a little handsy there, are we?" Sylvain suddenly appeared between you two, making Felix drop his hand. He whined. "Y/N, I thought we had something. Felix, I thought we could be something..."

"Sylvain, you and I can't be something. I don't date neutered men." You smirked.

"Wh- I'm not neutered! Ashe may be a shitty owner, but he's not that bad-"

"HEY!"

——

'Madame's Hybrid Correctional Facility'.

You'd only been in the building once to drop off a package that had accidentally been sent to the regular pet store and you swore you'd never go back. It was like a prison- hybrids were all in their animal forms, sitting alone in little cages that weren't even suitable for actual pets. In the world, hybrids were seen as less than humans and in this facility, they were treated as such.

Felix shivered as Ashe held the door open for everyone to enter. You tightened your grip on his leash and stood closer to him as you led him towards the mean-looking lady at the front desk. She looked up from her romance novel and pushed her glasses up, sneering as she saw the cat.

"Felix."

Felix's tail twitched in irritation. "Nancy."

"This isn't the person who got you the otha' week. What, they couldn't stand the sight of you so much that they sent some child to bring you back?"