you're mine. | sylvain

- Female Reader , 18+ but not quite smut idk

To Sylvain, the ball at Garreg Mach Monastery was the perfect opportunity to scout. He'd planned the night perfectly, starting off a dance with Mercedes first. From there, he'd cast her off to the next man and reach for another lady in his vicinity, giving them each teasing winks and suggestive smiles to try and woo them into his bed.

This was a sure-fire way to get women wrapped around his finger. They'd run to him at his every call, throwing themselves at his feet whenever he pleased.

So why couldn't he stand the sight of any woman now?

He stepped into the reception hall with utmost confidence seeping from his pores, but he couldn't finish scanning the ballroom once his eyes laid on you from across the room. You were smiling and talking to Claude, who was standing way too close to you for Sylvain's comfort. He wanted to stomp over there and yank you away from him, but that would tarnish his reputation.

Sylvain Gautier was supposed to see you as a toy. That's how the two of you acted together- you both flirted relentlessly, making suggestive pickup lines and leaving lingering touches on the other to leave them flustered. It was just harmless flirting, it wasn't as if Sylvain was courting you. That thought sent a pang through his chest, but he shook it off.

You were just another woman to mess with. You just happened to be more fun than the others. Sylvain was just a little more fond of messing with you because you reciprocated. And you reciprocated because you also didn't feel any true feelings, right?

Sylvain watched as you laughed loudly at something the Golden Deer leader said, smacking his shoulder as he leaned even closer to you with a grin. Obviously you didn't feel for Sylvain- you wouldn't be so friendly with Claude if you did.

The redhead shook his head and took a deep breath, plastering on a seductive smile and walking to the first woman he saw- a beautiful brunette with an even better body. He leaned down and kissed her hand, leading her to the dance floor for a few dances.

You had just finished laughing at Claude's latest corny joke when he looked up, his dark eyebrow quirking as he looked over your shoulder. You turned around as well, gazing at the pairs that glided across the ballroom floor with grace and nobility. If you weren't so bad at dancing, you'd love to be out there with them.

"Looks like your boy toy has found another." Claude pointed to said boy, who held that... gorgeous brunette close to his chest. His lips moved against her ear, undoubtedly telling her all the things he tells you as you walk past him in the halls.

Your heart clenched, but you rolled your eyes and took a sip of your drink. "And? He's called a boy toy for a reason. It's not serious."

Claude laughed. "You're obviously jealous. You just got an attitude with me- you never do that."

"Listen," You sighed, "I made my choice and sealed my fate by messing around with one of the most emotionally unavailable bastards there is. It's fine."

"Doesn't seem fine to me." Claude grabbed your drink from you and set it down on the table next to him, grabbing your hand and pulling you to the dance floor. "C'mon. I'm gonna help you."

"You- what? Claude, I don't need help." You tried to struggle out of his arms, but they tightened against your hips and he leaned close, looking towards Sylvain before brushing his nose with yours.

"He's staring. Has been since he walked in. Just- trust me."

You looked into Claude's eyes, which were shimmering with mischievousness. Typical. But, Claude's plans and intuitions were usually right. You needed to trust him to do... whatever he's trying to do. You nodded.