betrayal. | yuri

50 Wordless Ways to Say I Love You (#49)
- Giving then a tight hug that makes them lose their breath

"Finally, you're all awake. Good morning, sleepyheads. Or is it a good evening?"

Yuri's voice pierced through your skull, making your head throb. You heard the other Wolves talking to him- they sounded angry- but you were too weak to even open your eyes.

"You- you scoundrel!" Constance yelled, "You are unfit to speak with us, liar that you are!"

Yuri waved her off, seemingly uncaring about whatever the hell he was doing. You tried to keep quiet, fighting off a groan of actual pain, as you opened your eyes and peered up. Yuri was standing tall above the four of you, his sword in his hand. You, Constance, Balthus, and Hapi were tied up, lying on the ground in a chamber. What the fuck?

"What exactly are you trying to do here?" Balthus pressed.

"Aelfric intends to reenact the Rite of Rising." Yuri sighs, then explains. "By offering up the blood of the four Apostles, you can bring someone to life. Saint Seiros attempted the ritual 995 years ago, but not enough blood was given, so the ritual was a bust. And now, through extreme persistence, Aelfric has found and gathered the four of us, with our Crests."

"Okay, but what does that have to do with Y/N? She doesn't even have a crest." Hapi asked.

You were more awake now, gently sitting up as memories came to you. That's right- Yuri had betrayed everyone. The Wolves, the professor, you... Your eyes burned with tears. The little bird certainly was only a rat. Yuri looked at you, a bit too long to mean nothing, and walked to the side, twirling his sword.

"She's simply too strong. To have her go free is to risk too much. Aelfric can't let this ritual fail. He spent his years raising us in the Ashen Wolf house all to ensure that the Rite of Rising was successful."

"You mean to say that he intends to drain our blood? To kill us?!" Constance's voice raised.

"Yeah, no, count me out." Hapi joined in, "Wait- the number four includes you too, right? You're gonna die too?"

"Yep. That's the idea."

You'd had enough of this talk. Yuri- Yuri wasn't like this. You refused to believe it. He had been nothing but sweet to you, was it all really just a lie? Struggling to find your voice, you finally cried out.

"I can't believe you!" Everyone's head snapped towards you. "You- you filthy liar! You're risking your life and everyone else's for what? Some dead bitch? You've spent your whole life with these people to stab them in the back?"

"Y/N-" Yuri opened his mouth, but you cut him off.

"No, no! Fuck you, Yuri Leclarc. Or are you lying about your name too? I can't believe I trusted you- or any of us. You took advantage of everyone's kindness and now you're throwing everyone's life away." You spat at him. If you weren't avoiding his gaze now, you would've seen hurt flash in his eyes.

That hurt hardened quickly as he saw Aelfric watching from the corner. "Shut it. I've lived through Hell and worse. After clawing my way here, you really think I wanna die?"

"Then why throw your life away for the likes of Aelfric?" Asked Balthus.

"Some things are more important than my own life." Yuri's eyes shifted back to you for a moment, "Some things are worth protecting."

"You're not making any damned sense-"

"It would seem that you want to be punished severely, Yuri."

Suddenly, Aelfric revealed himself, walking to Yuri with a threatening aura. Yuri only scoffed, defiantly speaking back to him. You couldn't understand much, now, your vision was spotty with your migraine. You felt like throwing up, but that didn't seem quite appropriate right now.

"-If I must, I will kill your mother alongside your dear people." Aelfric finished his little speech as you focused on soothing your nausea. You kept blacking in and out between the conversation, missing bits of it. To focus on staying awake, you tried to grab the dagger that was strapped to your waist in order to cut yourself free.

"The whole 'evil villain' outlook doesn't look good on someone as pious as you, Aelfric." Yuri laughed. You paused, wondering why he would insult his boss.

"Yuri-bird, I could-"

"Not yet," He hissed at Hapi. You continued to fidget, getting your ropes to the blade and beginning to saw through them.

You were about halfway through when three figures, coated in masks and dark outfits came forth and took hold of the three downed Wolves. A fourth walked in front of you, raising his hand to knock you out once more. You flinched back, awaiting for the impact, but it never came. Opening your eyes, you saw Yuri holding the man's wrist.

"You will not touch her." He threatened, "Or else."

The figure left and you could only sit back and watch as Aelfric sliced the four Wolves, spewing some goddess-awful monologue to Yuri. Bells chimed and Aelfric began to look panicked, much like you were. You said you hated Yuri, but that was far from the truth.

In the past time that you had gotten to know him, his sly, cunning antics had begun to grow on you. A lot. Before you knew it, you had found yourself becoming quite fond of the house leader, wanting to fight alongside him and spend your time conspiring with him. With as big of a crush that you had on the boy, it was only normal that you would feel so betrayed by him. Hell, you weren't even going to die (yet, probably), and yet you were still just as upset as the other wolves.

"Oh, and just so you know, I've been working for Lady Rhea since before I ever began working for you."

Your utter surprise at Yuri's words made you snap the last bit of rope that you had to cut. So, he was on your side the whole time?

"It matters no longer. The ritual is almost done. Just a little bit longer..." Aelfric tried to reason- with Yuri or himself, you couldn't tell.

Yuri scoffed and you began to stand up, drawing your weapon. "Don't think for a moment-"

"That I'll let anything happen to them!" You yelled, suddenly charging towards the man. Your fist collided with Aelfric's jaw, knocking him to the ground as the other Wolves stood up.

"Seriously, Boss, did you have to tie us up so tight?" Balthus complained, rubbing his wrist.

"Sorry, Balthus," Yuri laughed, "I figured those little tears would be enough for you to break through the rope."

"I hate to interrupt the relief party," You walked up to the group and shoved the blade of your weapon against Yuri's throat. "But I'm still quite angry, and I'd like to take it out on some people I actually can beat up."

Yuri gave you a watery smile and gently pushed down the blade, tilting his head at you. "I'm sorry."

You scrutinized Yuri for a moment before dropping your weapon and rushing towards him, knocking him back a few steps as your arms wrapped around him. You heard him grunt a little and you smile, squeezing him even tighter. Yuri eventually relaxes and wraps his arms around you as well, resting his head on top of yours. "Don't fucking do that again."

"Do you still hate me? I think you do, because you're squeezing me so tight I can't breathe. Not complaining, though."

You looked up at him, ignoring the professor and the other knights as they filed into the chamber, ready to fight. "No, I could never. Even if you really had betrayed us..." You looked away from his gaze, but he tilted your chin back up.

"I couldn't betray you all. That would mean never getting a bone-crushing hug from you again and now that it's started, I don't want it to stop."

You laughed and tip-toed up, pressing a light kiss against his cheek. "Whatever, you sap. Let's go kick some ass."