Prizes | Linhardt von Hevring

50 Wordless Ways to Say I Love You (#1):
- Holding their hands while they're shaking

Exams are a stressful event for students far and wide, from all over Fódlan and beyond. Students coop up in libraries, bedrooms, and classrooms, reviewing books until they could be recited from memory and yet still panicking as the test date approaches.

Some students stressed silently, while some didn't stress at all. You, on the other hand, were neither.

"Lin, I can't, I can't! I don't know any of it-" You were basically in tears, slouched over your desk and lying on a 'Fódlan History' textbook.

"Yes, you do. But you'll also have a stomach bug if you keep worrying yourself sick. Take a break." Linhardt was relatively calm, laying back on his bed reading a book simply titled 'Crests'. His leg crossed over the other, propped up as one hand held the book and the other rested behind his head.

"If I take a break, then I'll forget everything!"

The boy's eyes slid over to you. "That exam isn't for another week. You're doing no good, stressing out now. Come here."

Linhardt sat up and patted the bed next to him. You sighed and walked over to it, sitting a little too close than necessary. He didn't seem to mind, however, instead turning to face you and knocking your knees in the process.

Gently, he grabbed your hands. You hadn't even noticed how much you were shaking. "You're gonna be fine, Y/N. You're smart. Studious. You've got it, but if you really need it, I can help you."

"Really? What will we do?"

Linhardt thought for a moment, his thumbs still brushing against your knuckles. "Throughout the week, I'll randomly ask you questions about whatever subject you're struggling in. If you answer them right, I'll give you something. If not, training with Felix."

"Wh- with Felix?" If it was one thing you hated more than hitting the books, it was training. Mostly with Felix- he was just scary to you. "Whatever, what will you give me?"

"Before I answer you, what are the four Saint's crests?"

"Um... Macuil, Indech, Cethleann, and Cichol."

"Good job." Linhardt laid back down, his grip never leaving yours. He pulled on your arm, making you practically tumble onto his chest. "The prize today is a nap before dinner."

You flushed against him and let one hand intertwine with his. His other hand rested on the small of your back while yours gripped his shoulder.

"I like these prizes." You mumbled, growing drowsy.

"I do too." Linhardt's voice slurred, his own sleepiness showing. "They'll keep getting better, too."