Prt:3- What Son?

Posiden's Pov~

I'm in the kitchen preparing dinner with my wife, the vague sound of some cartoon the boys are watching, drifting through the silent kitchen. When suddenly I hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Triton called from the living room.

"Ok," I call back. It's probley just some door to door salesmen. Thinking nothing of it, I go back to cutting up the chicken.

"Dad," my oldest called, "Dad! The cops are here." He called.

The cops? Why are they here? I think placing the knife down and washing my hands. "Coming."

Making my way down the hall. I find Triton was correct. Two young officers were standing outside the door.

"Hello sir," the young woman politely began, "Would you happen to be Posiden Jackson?"

"Yes, that is my name." I reply. "Do you need something?" I ask, noticing them glance at each other.

"Sir, we need to speak to you and your wife and a very important matter." Responded the male officer.

"Ok... Come in, let me grab my wife, Amphitrite." I reply, leading them to the living room. "Boys, can you head up to your rooms for now." I ask my sons.

Resiving two "ok dad"s in reply I head to the kitchen to get Amphitrite.

"Posiden? Why are the cops here?" She asked as I rented the room

"I dont know, love, but they need to talk with us." I tell her, as she begans to clean her hands.

Opon entering the living room,  we find the two officers sitting in on two of the chairs.

"So, Mr. Jackson, " he began."Would you happen to now a Sally Williams? "
(couldn't think of a good last name) "he asked me.

"Yeah, I dated her in college. Why? I dont have any connection with her now." I tell him holding my wife's hand.

"Well, sir," the female officer started, "recently her and her husband were imprisoned on child abuse and neglect charges. You see, there was a 15 year old boy one of their party guest had found. He was savagely beaten and highly malnourished."

"Im afraid I dont see what this has to do with me." I tell them.

"Well, sir, that boy is your son. We had a blood test taken to help find more family, but it appears you are his only living relative besides your children." She said.

As Amphitrite's hand squeezed mine, I tried to process the information. "I have another son..."

"That is correct. There were also a pair of twin 5-year-olds who are his half brothers. Percy, your child, refuses to be separated from the twins, Simon and Michael." She stated. "We were hoping you would take the three in as we don't believe they would do well in foster care. The twins will have plenty of money to help you and your family as they are the heirs to their fathers fortune. As long as they are given a guilty verdict, the money will go immediately to their vaults. And as their guardians, you would have access to it."

"What do you think, love?" I ask, turning to look at my lover.

"We should do it these poor children deserve a better life. Even without all the money, they deserve someone to care for them." She says, looking me in the eye.

"We'll take them. Just what condition are they in?" I ask, unsure if I want to hear the answer.

"The twins are just slightly under fed. Percy on the other hand "she paused, looking down "he has some internal bleeding, lots of cuts and bruises along his torso, it appears some of his hair was riped out of his scalp, highly under fed, the docters think he may have insomnia, and there are various... words carved into his skin."

God, how could they do that to a child.. Wait a minute. " What do you mean words?"

Looking down and sighing, she stated, "Things like, "mistake, "Failure," " Delinquent," and other... unsavory words were carved into his flesh." She finished a descusted and upset look shown in her eyes.

"How could they do that to a child?" Amphitrite called out, tears in her eyes.

"When can we get them?" I ask. I need to make up for not being there for him.

"Well, sir, you see... Percy went unresponsive and hasn't woken up yet. The twins have been staying in his room since he was brought in."

"Is he going to be ok?!?!"

"The doctors said it was most likely because of sleep deprivation and blood loss. They said he will most likely wake up after his body gets enough rest. They said it could be any were from a day or two too a few weeks."

Sighing, I say, "we can pick up the twins tomorrow. Well, bring them to visit every day. And when he wakes up, we will bring him back. Until then, we will set up rooms for them."

"Thank you." The female officer replied, "we were really hoping you would take them. Foster care doesn't seem like a good option for them."

"Well, I need to make it up to my son. I should have been there for him. If I had known I would have bought him with me, but maybe it is better this way.."

"What do you mean?"

"He has the twins you mentioned, and now he will have us."

"Well, we should be going." The male office said, getting to his feet. "If you need any information on the kids or to see how the trial is going, just call the station." He said, making his way back to the door.

"I have another son. Oh no. There's no way he will ever forgive me for not helping him before. What am I going to do?" I muble out, fearing the outcome of our future meeting.

"Love, you just have to try. There's nothing else we can do, but we can still try and give them the childhoods they deserve." Amphitrite told me in a comforting manner.

Looking up at her, I reply, "I guess you're right. Come on lets go choose rooms for them."

Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry about putting both tagged chapters in here. I just have a habit of putting it in, whatever story I am currently working on. Have a good day, night, or evening. Bye.