Prt-21: New Rules

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus. My psychiatrist keeps changing my meds, and I've been exhausted because of it, but im still going to try and pick up my updates.

Third person~

Posiden held his son to his chest, hoping to leveate some of the boys pain from the cold. Slowly Percy stoped his shaking.

"Now Percy," the man began looking down at his oldest, "we need to set some rules, so things like this don't happen again, ok?"

Percy looked down away from the man offering him comfort, and attempted to move away. Rules always scared him, they never made things easy for him. But his father wasn't having it and pulled the boy back to him. He was not about to let the child feel unwanted or like he was in trouble.

"Rule one; you don't leave with out telling us. Rule two; You are allowed to wake us up when you need to, whether it be to ask for somthing are because you're scared I don't care. Rule three; punishments will not include anything that will cause you pain, taking food from you, or forcing you to do anything dangerous. Rule four; you are always welcome to the food in the kitchen, just tell us if we run out of somthing so we can get more. Rule five; if someone or somthing is hurting you, making you uncomfortable, are upsetting you in any way let us know, we want to help so we can help so you can feel safe.  Rule six; if you don't want to do somthing, whether its from us or someone else, let us know, no one has the right to make you do somthing you do not wish to. Rule seven: Remember you can trust us, we will never hurt you, or let any one who will near you. We can't help if we don't know of a problem." He finished the list, looking down in to the confused eyes of the boy on his lap. "If we need more rules we will discuss them, do you understand?" He asked rubing the boy's back. He hoped these rules would prevent anything like this morning from happening again.

Percy though for a moment. These rules were very different then what he was used to. He though them over. The more he thought the stranger the rules sounded. Waking people up? No normal punishments? Making it safe for him? Why? Safe to say Percy was thoroughly confused by the instructions. He looked up to his father in confusion.

"You don't get it do you?" The man asked seeing the uncertainty in the green eyes before him.

Percy looked down in shame. Only to have a gentle hand turn his head to look at his new mother.

She looked in to the shame filed eyes and gave a sad little smile to the the child infront of her. "Darling what you father says is right. We know these may be different to what you are used to, and that means you will make mistakes. That's fine darling. I know they may be strange to you but all we ask if for you to try and follow them, ok hunny?" She told him gently hoping he would understand some of what she sayed. "We know you will take time with some of them. You don't need to trust us with everything  right now, you can take your time lovelet."

Percy felt the tears fill his eyes. No one cared about him like this. Why did they? Why were they gentle with him? They didn't make sense.

Seeing the distress in his son's daminer he pulled the child closer. Causeing Percy to stiffen. "You are allowed to cry. No one is going to hurt you for it. Your safe."

Those final words were all it took for the tears to fall. Sobs filled the room as he fianly relised all the pain from his life  onto the shoulder of his father.

Again sorry for the long wait im going to try and make waits shorter again. Have a good day, night, and evening. Bye💜