05 | worst birthday ever

Start from the beginning

"All English words. Me don't understand," Amara muttered, and he kicked her foot from the opposite side of his bed.

"Yup," Lip answered. "Nothing but parking tickets. This Choady guy makes vanilla taste like fucking Thai spice."

"Why are you stalking him, you freak?" Amara questioned.

"Did you seriously run a background check?"

"Tony did. And I'm not stalking him," the blonde defended. "I want to know what's up with him."

"No, you're just trying to find shit so you can tell Karen and start having sex with her again."

"Is there a problem?"

Ignoring the pit of jealously forming in her stomach, she faked a grin. "Unless you like receiving STI's, then no, there isn't a problem."

Lip rolled his eyes, hopping off of the top bunk. "You know, the only remotely interesting thing is a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend because she threw a camera at him. He's fucking ridiculous, this guy!"

"You're like Liam when someone touches one of his toys," Ian mused, leaning over to Amara with a laugh, and she ducked her head into his shoulder so Lip wouldn't hear her chuckle.

"I don't find any dirt, I'll just have to make some."

"You're a psycho," she told him. "I mean, seriously, all this for one girl who doesn't even want you? Lip, come on, you're smarter than this."

Before he could answer, Fiona swung open the bedroom door. "You guys think you can hang out some point on Saturday night? Deb's sleepover. Fill out the guest list. The only person on there besides myself and V was Silvia."

"Sure," Ian replied.

"I'll have to check my schedule for work," Amara chimed in. "But if I'm free of course I'll go."

"I'll bring strippers and a hookah pipe," Lip added on, and Fiona glared at him. "I'm kidding."

"Hey, party girl," Amara greeted, placing down the tray of cookies she bought. Debbie grinned at her in response, and Mandy ushered her over from the couch.

"I thought you were supposed to work tonight."

"Shift change," she explained, popping a pretzel into her mouth.

"Thank God. You know, I really love Ian and Lip, but I did not want to be the only teenage girl at this party."

Amara snorted. "Yeah, I totally get that. Those two are a handful. So what movie are we watching tonight?"

"An R rated one—forget the name."

"Hey," Amara called. "Via, can you get me a Sprite?" Silvia nodded, walking towards the kitchen just as Carl appeared from the back door, a blonde boy following after him.

"Ding Dongs! Awesome!"

"They're for guests!" Debbie said, shoving him.

"Cool, cause I brought one."

There was a knock at the door, and Ian pushed himself off of the couch to answer it. In walked a blonde girl, who Amara immediately recognized. She glanced over to Mandy, the two sharing a bewildered look.