22. Ash has a crush

Start from the beginning

"No Ash, it's not necessary," I say with a shake of my head. I smile and continue assuringly,"I'm sure I'll convince her."

"Please do, I really want you to come this weekend," he says softly.

I nod my head and smile making him smile too. I stare at him for a moment and his gleaming eyes. I lean forward and press my lips on his right cheek. I keep my lips on his skin for a few more seconds and pull back swiftly, suddenly realising what I did.

I lift my eyes at Ash fearing he would be shocked but surprisingly find his face contorted in amusement. I blush and utter hastily,"I have this assingment to turn in today and I totally forgot about it. I need to go."

I pick my bag and start walking without giving him a second glance. I hear him chuckle and then say," I'll see you later."

I give him a thumbs up raising my hand and then make my way out of the library. If it wasn't awkward at that moment, it is now after I ran away from there. Ash has kissed my cheek or forehead but why am I freaking out when I kissed him. Why? Well, the answer is that now I know I like him and I've kissed him in a romantic way not in a friendly way as he does. I slap my forehead and curse myself for being this stupid.

Damn, having a crush isn't easy.

********

I am taking my books for the last lecture when Blake walks towards me,"Hey."

He sounds suspiciously cheerful than usual,"Hi...?"

I start walking towards class and he walks along with me. He look at me wiggling his eyebrows,"So what's going on?"

My steps flatter for a second but I compose myself,"What do you mean?"

"I met Asher before lunch and we talked about stuff. But then he accidentally said that you guys met up in the library. There's nothing suspicious about that but what's suspicious is that Eve never goes to the library. Why would she meet you guys there and then everyone was acting wierd during lunch. There's gotta be something, what is it?"

I chuckle nervously and stutter,"No-no there is nothing going on. You're thinking too much."

I avert my eyes and continue staring ahead,"I'm not dumb so you can't trick me. But here is a deal, you tell me a snippet of what's happening and I tell you something about Ash that is currently very confidential," He says suggestively.

I still do not look at him and bite my lip in confusion. What is so confidential thing about Asher? I shouldn't care but the truth is I do care. But how does Blake know that I want to know that so bad?

"Okay, deal. First you." I say gesturing him to talk.

He smirks,"So....... Ash has a huge crush on someone." I wait for him to continue but he just laughs,"I told you the secret, I'm not gonna elaborate it. It's your turn now, no backing out."

I am not able to form any words so I simply say,"They are gonna bring a cake for you at the lake house."

His eyebrows raise in surprise,"Impressive. Thank you, gotta go bye."

He goes inside his class and I continue to walk not able to concentrate on anything other than his words.

Ash has a crush Lee and that's definitely not you.

********

I plop myself on the couch of my house and sigh loudly. I just got home and I'm very tired due to the walking today. Angela and Kyla are watching tv so I decided to join them.