42. The plan

"This will be your room." Ash opens the door of the guest room right in front of his room.

He puts his hand on my back and pulls me inside the room. It is as simple as a guest room can get. A single bed, a small closet, a small window and a full length mirror in the corner. I walk inside and sit on the bed feeling exhausted.

He carries my bags inside and keeps them near the window."We gotta share the bathroom. It's down the hall. If you need anything just call me, alright? You must feel tired, maybe just take a nap. I'll wake you up for dinner."

I nod at him with a smile and he gives me a forehead kiss. After he walks out of the room I lay down on the soft mattress. Eventhough I have trouble sleeping in new places I fall asleep within seconds on the unfamiliar pillow.

I wake up after some time and Ash calls me down for dinner. I sit with him, Jess and Eli on the dining table. Jess notices my bruises but doesn't ask me about them. But I can see the worry in her eyes. We eat quietly and finish up soon. I thank Eli for dinner and Jess for letting me stay here.

Ash and I, after saying our goodnights head upstairs. We both enter the guest room, or rather my temporary room. I sit on the bed and pull my legs up. He leans on the door frame and looks at me.

"I should unpack." I look at my bags and then back at him.

"You can do it tommorow," he says standing straight.

I tuck my hair behind my ear,"I just took a nap, I don't think I would be able to fall asleep this early."

He nods at me and comes inside,"Alright I'll accompany you."

I get up from the bed and move towards my bags. There are mostly clothes in here and some other things. I start arranging them in the closet one by one. Ash sits on the bed  tells me that all of our friends have been asking about my health. And that makes me feel better a little bit. I look back one year and I was yearning for love, for care. Right now, I have all that in immense amount.

I unzip the side of my bag and am surprised to find something familiar in there. I gaze at it for a few moments and remove it from the bag.

"What is it babe?" Ash asks from behind me.

I raise up from my position and turn to him. I walk to the bed and sit beside him,"Look what Lina put in my bag."

He looks at the old, worned out picture,"Are they your....?"

"My parents," I whisper and smile at the picture. This is the first time I've smiled at it with happiness rather than sadness.

He leans back on his hands and stares at it,"You have your mother's eyes."

I turn to him and whisper,"Really?" He nods with a smile on his lips,"I definitely have my dad's nose."

He chuckles,"Yeah. You have his hair colour too." I grin at him,"And you smile just like your mother. One corner of your lip tilted up more than the other."

"Oh, I do that?" I chuckle and look at my mom's smile,"Yeah I do that."

I run my fingers on the picture and my eyes start to water."You know when I woke up in that place, I was angry. Very angry. Of course I was angry at them for leaving me but mostly I was angry that they lied to my face. They lied about everything."

A tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly brush it off. I look up at him and say,"The last time I like to them, they told me they loved me, dad told me I'm beautiful. I have always believed that was a lie until now. They said what they meant. I wish I would've trusted them more. I wish I believed in their love. I wish-"