3. New Day

"Aaaaaaah!" I scream when a splash of cold water hits my face. I open my eyes groaning and see lina hovering over me with a triumphant smile.

"What the hell Lina! Why did you do that?" I whine scrunching my face. I hardly got any sleep last night and was just able to close my eyes at 5:00 am, I want to sleep more.

"Because it's already 6:30 and you need to get ready for your first day," Lina says grinning from ear to ear," And this was the only way to wake you up, you literally ignored me when I called your name for like 50 times."

She pulls me up on my feet and pushes me towards the bathroom,"Come on now go shower. I have the perfect outfit for you."

I reluctantly go inside, not even having half of the excitment of ehat Lina has. I look at myself in the mirror and am not surprised to find my face sleep deprived. My eyes were red with lack of sleep and the dark circles were clearly visible. I sigh and enter the shower.

Wrapping myself in a towel I walk out of the bathroom after finishing the shower. I notice Lina holding a light blue crop t-shirt with high waisted black jeans, with a smirk on her face.

"Why do I have to were that on my first day?" I question glancing warily at the outfit.

"Because  it's your first day and you have to look presentable so you could make some friends. Not that you need it because you are beautiful but your hoodies will definitely hide that face," Lina reasons.

I huff loudly getting annoyed at the constant pushing me to make friends,"Lina I don't wanna look presentable or make any friends. I just want to complete my junior year without causing trouble to myself or someone else. I don't want to cause unnecessary problems."

She flinched at my words and states sadly,"I want to do what's best for you Lee. I never got a chance to live my life because of my parents, but I want to help you out so you could atleast have a life. You are like a little sister to me, I don't want you to go through things which I went through. I really care about you. Wearing a nice outfit and making friends won't cause any trouble, it's just in your head."

I see her eyes glistening and immediately regret my words. She never got the chance to complete her senior year and was forced to do things which a sixteen year could never endure. But she is still standing strong for herself, for me.

"I know you care for me and so do I. But you need to understand that I can't act like a normal teenager because nothing is normal in my life," I say sadly shaking my head.

She sniffs and nods her head. I look at the outfit and consider wearing it to make her feel better,"But I guess I could wear that, I mean your choice isn't that bad," I joke to lighten the mood.

She smiles and passes me the clothes. I quickly wear them and apply some light makeup to cover my dark circles.
I pick my bag and phone. I bid goodbye to Lina and I walk down the stairs. I stop short when I see Percy standing near the door with Damon and Brandon.

"Thank God! You are finally up. I was done waiting," exclaimes Damon dramatically.

"Lee, I am here to tell you one last time. No socializing," Percy states sternly crossing his arms.

I mearly nod and ask hesitantly,"How am I gonna go to school?"

"What? Now you need a ride princess?" Percy asks dauntingly.

I lower my eyes and shake my head,"I will walk to school," I whisper and walk passed them to the front door.

********

I reach the school after walking for fifteen minutes and asking for directions from people passing by.