45. The result

Ash's POV

I fidget in the driver's seat and wait impatiently for Percy's text to arrive. It's been exactly five minutes since I saw Lee go deeper into the woods and out of my sight. I just hope everything goes as per the plan. Percy told us there are no cameras or alarms in the house beacuse they haven't lived there for long. Ifone thing goes wrong, all three of us are dead, dead.

I run my fingers through my hair and breath out a sigh. I just want this to be over. I want all of this shit to be out of Lee's life. The things I went through are nothing compared to what she has been through. I had my mom, my friends to support me, to reassure. She had no one. Along with that she had to live with the knowledge that her parents sold her. How fucking awful must that feel?

She deserves a better life, it's never too late to have one. I want to give that to her, I want to have that with her. If I get hands on my father's illegal activities I would be thrilled. Seeing him behind bars would be the most satisfying fucking feeling I would have.

My phone vibrates in me hand and look down at Percy's text.

Percy: She is here. Remeber on the left side, the second window.

I put my phone in my pocket and get out of the car. I keep the car doors open, so that Lee can come here and directly sit inside. I start walking towards the house taking the support of the tall trees to hide. I walk as fast as I can, ducking in the absence of trees.

I finally reach the side of the house and peek inside the house from the first window. I notice a desk, a chair, shelves it takes no genius to know that this is a office and I'm guessing it's Declan's. I try my luck and push at it. It's lock.

I decide to go according to the plan and walk to second one. It's more of a bay window but a lot smaller. I look inside and suddenly duck when I see a shadow coming down the hall. I hear someone approaching and the latch clicking open. I take a risk to raise a little and check if it's Percy. I'm right.

"Come on. Jump in," He says looking back at the hallway.

I oblige and whisper,"Are you sure no one would be here?"

He nods and gestures for me to follow him,"Everyone is busy in the living room. We would be done before anyone decides to come and check on here."

He opens, what I'm assuming the office door. He steps inside and holds the door open to me. After I'm inside too, he closes the door and locks it.

"Do you know where Lee's papers are?" I question looking around.

He smirks and pulls something put from his back under his jacket. He waves the papers in front of me."Here they are."

I frown and question,"How did you get them so quickly?"

His smirk does not leave his lips."Declan handed them to me. He told me to keep them in his office."

"And how did that happen? I thought he was fucking pissed at you." I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at him.

He nods,"Yeah he was. Yesterday after Lee left I went to him, I apologized and somehow convinced him that I was the one who gave Lee the idea to sign the papers early so that you don't create problem. He bought it, but he still wanted me to prove my loyalty. And today is my chance." He chuckles,"I can't believe I manipulated the one who has been manipulating me my whole life. Come on, let's find the other papers."