10. Friends?

The next day goes without any chaos. I get to sleep a little late and then have breakfast with Lina, Kyla and Angela. Lina tells them about what happend at school and they get so thrilled by that. She also tells them about Asher, how he fought for me, how he is utterly delicious; her words not mine.

"You should totally score him. He sounds hot," Kyla says giving me a smirk. Angela agrees with her and Lina gives me a 'I told you so' look.

They act like a bunch of school girls trying to find a date for their lonely friend. I don't even wanna imagine how they were actually like in high school.

After breakfast Kyla and Angela depart to wherever they work. Lina insists on staying but I assure her that I will be okay and she shouldn't skip work. She reluctantly agrees and goes to work with a kiss on my cheek.

I spend my day binge watching different movies on Lina's laptop. Throughout the day I am a little......just a little scared that Percy would show up again. But I did not let it stop me from enjoying my free day. Also I still have to go to the tracks tonight. So, let's enjoy the day.

Lina comes back around 5 pm with a shopping bag in her hand,"Look what I bought."

She comes and sits on the couch opening the bag. She sprawles two shirts in front of me. One is a blue coloured floral off the shoulder and other is a maroon coloured round neck sweater knotted at the waist.

I touch the maroon one feeling it's softness,"They are really cute."

"Okay, looking at your face I can tell that you liked the maroon one. So this one is yours," she puts that one in my lap.

"Wait....I am not taking it. You bought this, I-I can't take this," I say pushing it back.

"Of course you can. You are the only person I can spend my money on. Let me spoil you," she looks at me with a pout. Seeing that I didn't budge she continues,"If you are not taking one I am shoving both of them into your closet."

With my eyes wide I open my mouth to speak but she gives me the look which screams 'WATCH ME'. I reluctantly take the top and watch her lips spread into a gigantic grin.

She is really going to spoil me...

********

"Everlee." I turn around and see Amaya making her way towards me.

"Hey" I smile at her and we continue walking side by side.

"How are you doing? Is your lip okay. Wes told us about what happend," she asks concern evident in her voice.

"Yeah I am good, it's all okay now." I open my mouth to ask about Asher but then decided against it.

"Thank you for what you did. I mean when Wes came and told us about what happend, we thought Asher was in deep shit. But he just got one week of detention." she shrugs and grin at me.

"It's no big deal. I mean- it was necessary. Like.... he would have been punished more severely for no reason. So..." I bit my lip and nod my head.

I stop outside my class and Amaya halts her steps,"You know, we all were talking during lunch yesterday and Evelein suggested that maybe you... could uhh sit with us in lunch. If you want to that is, if you don't... it's totally fine. It's your choice." Amaya intertwines her fingers together and waits for my answer.

They are too sweet to even consider me sitting with them in lunch, again. And this time I am not messing up.

"Yeah, sure" she smiles and waves at me saying she will see me at lunch.