Epilogue

1 week later

"What are you thinking about?" Ash wraps his hands around my waist from behind.

I lean back against his shoulder and sigh happily,"Nothing. Just wondering how things have actually changed."

He kisses my temple and we both look outside the window to his house's backyard. We watch our friends rushing around and yelling at each other. They are putting on lights and decoration for my birthday party. My first real birthday after eight years.

I don't remember much about my birthdays before the gang. I just know it used to be huge but I wasn't big enough to remember them for life. At the gang, I did celebrate it with Lina but it was just two of us. I used to be happy and excited don't get me wrong. Atleast I had someone to celebrate it with. But this is different, I will actually have so many people to wish me, to celebrate with me. Call it childish but that is a dream come true for me.

I smile when I feel Ash's lips on my neck, giving me light kisses,"You didn't had to do this much."

He trails kisses along my neck and behind my ear"It had to be big. It's a celebration, for everything. For your birthday, for your freedom, for you moving in with me."

"For you getting your mother's money back." I turn around in his arm and put my hands on his shoulder.

He grins and kisses me on the nose,"For you becoming rich."

I chuckle and push him lightly,"Shut up."

I've become rich, just this morning, atleast richer than my previous self. My dad's old lawyer called me three days ago. I was confused about how he got my number. But then he explained me that my so called uncle had given it to him in the past. He informed me that the papers Declan took from him has to be signed and posted soon. He told me he couldn't reach Declan so he had to call me.

Of course he didn't, jails don't allow phones inside so they?

He informed me that my will promises me 130,000 dollars. I was shocked. No that is an understatement. I was fucking shook. I didn't knew what to do with all that money. I mean I could've saved it but that's a lot of money. So, I have decided to donate half of it. Yeah, call me crazy but I've decided to start new and I want build myself up. I want to be proud of me.

The rest of the money would be saved for college. I don't even know what I wanna do in my life. But Ash promised me he would help me find my goal through senior year.
Speaking of Ash, he got back what was his. Rob was arrested and his company was seized but the funds on his name were passed on to his son. Ash didn't wanted to take his money but I insisted.

I made him realise that it wasn't his money, it's the money he stole from his mom. Also, now the race tracks being shut he couldn't have afforded his mother's medications. That made him finally give up.

I moved in his house this morning, officially. I was opposed to his idea, I suggested I rent a small apartment and get a job. It wasn't that I did not wanted to live with him, I just did not wanted to intrude in his mother's house. He said he wants to move in with me but he couldn't leave his mom alone. He made his mom talk to me and that was it. I agreed.

The previous house I lived in is now empty. Everyone had to leave or run away the moment the news of Declan getting arrested spread. I and Lina weren't in the records but Lina still decided she needed to leave this town. I did not oppose, if that's what she needs I won't stop her. It's high time she gets to live her life. But I insisted her to stay for my eighteenth birthday. Today is her last night in this town. I'm gonna miss her a lot. We both are starting new but that doesn't mean we are gonna forget about each other. Nevertheless we will now have our own battles and safe haven.

Right here, in my room, in Ash's arms is the safest place I could be. I look at his small smile."You are smiling weird."

He bites his lip but the smile doesn't fade. "You are so pretty."

I giggle and wrap my hands around his neck. "You are so confusing sometimes."

He leans towards me and kisses me."I love you."

"I love you." I open my mouth and deepen the kiss.

Our tongues touch and a moan slips out of my mouth. He gently pushes me to the wall and tightens his hold on my waist. I grip the end of his hair and caress his lip with my tongue. His mouth shifts to my jaw and then my neck. He bites softly and nips at the skin.

My eyes catch sight of the clock and I speak breathlessly."Wait. I've to get ready, it's time."

He doesn't budge and mumbles against my skin,"You are allowed to be late."

I laugh and push at his shoulder finally making him pull back."No I'm not. I've to change. Go."

He smirks,"You can do it with me in the room."

I pull his arms from around me and push him to the door."Go!"

He pouts and narrows his eyes at me. Holding the doorknob in his hand he bites his lip suggestively,"You are giving me my return gift tonight."

My cheeks flame as he shuts the door behind him. But soon a smile makes it's way on my face.

I never imagined my future being this when I first stepped in this town. Hell, I never did think I would even have a future. But I can now. I can imagine a future, a happy one, a safe one, a loved one.

My future with my friends, my Ash. My family, the one I've always longed for.

********

THE CURE TO MY PAIN is officially over.

This has been such an amazing journey. Every chapter I wrote was one whole new world I created.

Every comment, every vote meant so much to me. Thank you so much!

This book will always be the most special one even when I write many others.

See you guys on a new journey soon♡

-Love❤