7. No More

I slowly turn around with my eyes lowered. I peek a look at him; there it is the cunning smile which always is a red flag.

"What do you want? And how the hell do you know my name?" Asher asks with irritation.

"You aren't that unpopular Asher.
Everyone in this school knows your name. The real question is do you know my name?" says Percy smirking at him.

"I don't need to, it's not important. Let's go Everlee." Asher takes hold of my hand and sends Percy a cold stare.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Let me atleast introduce myself to your friend," Percy says and turns his head towards me,"Hi, I am Percy. It's nice to meet you."

Shock is not even a good enough word to describe what I am feeling right now. Why in the world is he pretending of not knowing me?

"I said it's not important," grits Asher.

"Are you her bodyguard or something? She has a mouth and she can speak with that. You can right?" he looks at me at the second question.

"She can but she has no time to waste it on you. So bye, hope to never see you again." Asher gives Percy another glare but he simply smiles as if enjoying this.

I guess that agitates Asher even more and the next thing I know he grabs my wrist and drags me away from Percy. I look back and see Percy still with that smile; that wicked smile.

Asher pulls me towards the stairs and starts descending them. His grip tightens more and more with each step.

"Asher my wrist," my voice makes him come out of the trance he was in and he suddenly lets go off me.

"Shit! I am so sorry. I didn't realise I was hurting you," he says worriedly.

He does not let me utter a word and starts talking,"I don't know what's it about him but he just makes me so mad! Why does he even bother talking to me, he knows that I don't like him and I know the feelings are mutual then why? My god!"

He runs his fingers through his hair and finally looks at me,"Are you sure you haven't met him or even seen him? I mean when he looks at you it feels like he knows something about you, like he has - I don't know what, but there is something. I suggest you to please just stay away from him. Please."

"Yeah, I will," I assure him nodding my head.

Why cant I just tell him?!Because you just can't stupid!

He nods back at me and we stare at each other not knowing what to say anymore. He bites his lip and I gulp at the sight...wait what!

This is the most awkward thing ever!

We both flinch at the sudden shrill noise of the bell and look away. Atleast the awkward staring contest is over.

"I gotta go, I'll see you la- um bye." He turns around and practically runs away.

Yeah, I guess he remembered what happened three days ago. Well, it doesn't matter, I shouldn't feel bad. I don't. Yes, I don't.

But what just fucking happened!? And what is gonna happen when I go home. Fuck!!!

********

I walk to the door of my house and enter it. My eyes widen at the sight of Percy coming down the stairs.

"I swear I wasn't talking to him. He came out of no where and started talking to me. He..he kept asking questions. I tried to go but he was not letting me. I promise it won't happen again." I am out of breath when I finish speaking.