He will find someone eventually and move on with his life but what about her?

She can't find anyone now. When she had a simple crush on him she can't look at anyone but now she had a full developed spectrum of feelings for him; how will she ever move on?

I miss you dad.

I miss you...mama.

She thought and cried. She heard a beep and read;

'Good night Sunshine. Take care (:'

She read his message and calmed herself finally.

'Have a good sleep. See you tomorrow.'

He messaged again.

And she hugged herself more and fell asleep in that fetal position, knowing very well that the first thing tomorrow she will be doing was, seeing the face of man she wanted to run away from!

Why Lord? Why?

***

She woke up early in the morning and prayed asking for strength.

She knew what she needed to do. She needed to create some distance. She was being a fool earlier, giving in to her heart's desire but now she can't do that anymore; especially not after knowing her feelings.

It was cruel to her and wrong to him... on so many levels. She can't keep someone in her heart and pretend to be just friend with him. He was being kind to her and she can't do that to him.

So now starts the mission resistance; she did it once before. She could do it now too. Though it will be more painful this time because of her feelings but she has to do it.

'Be ready in five.' She messaged him as she was leaving her house.

'Good morning Sunshine.' She received his text and controlled herself from replying.

Stay professional, Zara. She chanted and saw him waiting outside his apartment building. She opened the side door and looked ahead.

"Good Morning Sunshine." She heard his voice.

"Good Morning." She replied looking ahead on the road. She focussed her attention on driving and fortunately he looked busy on his phone and stayed quiet for the ride.

"Sunshine." She heard as they reached hospital.

"Yes?" She asked as they were walking outside from the parking lot. She avoided eye contact with him.

"Nothing." She heard his response and they parted their ways on that note.

***

This kept on going on for next three days. His car was repaired that day itself so fortunately for her no lifts. Also, she made sure to avoid the hallways that he was and the elevators too. If she saw him walking towards her, she will pick out her phone and pretend talking to someone.

Today she diagnosed a patient with an inoperable tumour. She had already discussed the case with other doctors and they all unanimously came to decision of not operating on the patient, just giving him pain medications. This was the worst part of her profession, not being able to save someone. People consider doctors as God but what to do when God breaks their hope?

She walked towards her favourite spot in hospital, terrace. She was just standing there breathing fresh air and thinking about life and its uncertainty when she heard some footsteps behind her.

Who is here now? She thought and turned around to see the person she was avoiding from past three days.

Here goes nothing.