Chapter Twenty-Eight

The guys are all standing outside of the abandoned building Hawker and Jason were in. It got quiet; then, they heard Hawker threaten Jason. They two loud bangs followed.

Logan- "Was those gunshots?"

Captain James- "Yes. Move-in!"

Adam, Chris, and Logan rush in.

~~Ava, Alaina, and Lance~~

They heard Adam clear, but they could really hear Jason. They heard two loud booms, then Adam yelled, "Move in.".

Lance- "Was that gunshots?"

Ava- "Yes."

Alaina- "Oh my god."

Ava gets up and starts pacing the floor. The line they had to Adam went dead.

~~Jason, Adam, Logan, and Chris~~

Adam and Chris go through the door, first followed by Logan.

Captain James- "JASON?"

Jason- "In here, hurry."

The three of them rush to the sound of his voice.

Captain James- "Logan will check on Hawker, Chris, hide the bag and call dispatch."

Chris runs the bag out to the trunk of the car. He calls dispatch as he heads back in. Logan checks on Hawker.

Logan- "He got him right between the eyes. He's dead."

Jason- "Good. Adam, please find my son."

Captain James- "We will. Chris, check the tracker."

Chris checks it.

Chris- "Adam, they've left Tennessee, but they're still moving."

Logan- "Where are they headed?"

Chris- "Looks like Alabama."

Jason- "Call Ava and tell her I love her."

His breathing was becoming labored.

Captain James- "GET EMS HERE NOW."

Jason- "Adam, I need you to save Jackson. Logan, I need you to take care of Ava and Alaina."

Logan- "No. You stay awake so you can take care of them. They need you, Jay. They need you to keep them going."

Adam smacks his cheeks lightly.

Captain James- "Stay with me, Jason. Come on, man."

They were doing everything they could to get to wake up and stay with them. His breathing was very shallow. EMS finally came through the door. Adam fills them in. As they work on him, he opens his eyes slightly.

Jason- "Find Jackson."

It came out very faint. EMS got him on a stretcher and took off to the hospital. Adam calls Ava.

~~Phone conversation~~

Ava- "Adam?"

{She puts it on speaker.}

Kendra- "Babe, what's going on?"

Captain James- "Jason has been shot in the chest. It's not good; he is on his way to the hospital."