Chapter Two

The next morning Ava got the kids up. As she woke them up, she warned them to be quiet. She didn't want to wake Jason up.

Ava- "We have a guest."

She whispered.

Ava- "We don't want to wake him up."

Jason- "Wake, who up?"

She jumped at the deep voice that rumbled behind her.

Ava- "Oh, you scared me. Did they wake you up?"

Jason- "Sorry. No, they didn't. I am always up this early. My interview is at eight am as well. Do you mind If I take a shower?"

Ava- "No, go ahead. Towels are in the closet behind the bathroom door."

Jason- "Thanks."

He turns towards the bathroom.

Ava- "Hey, Jason?"

Jason- "Yes, ma'am?"

Ava- "Do you need a ride? I didn't see a car in the driveway. I assume you took an Uber or Lyft?"

Jason- "I did. I don't mind taking another one."

Ava- "My office is right across the street. It's really not a problem."

Jason- "That would be great."

Jason heads to the shower. Ava finishes getting the kids ready. Once she gets them ready, she heads downstairs.

Lance- "How do you look so beautiful every time I look at you?"

He never fails to compliment her. Even before the accident, he was attentive. She was still in her pajamas. She blushes as she walks over and kisses him.

Lance- "Did they give you a hard time?"

Ava- "The girls were fine. Jackson was like he always is."

Jackson was just like his dad. Quick to love, loyal to a fault, and could sleep through anything, he was also a pain in the ass to wake up. He is the first down the steps. He walks straight to his dad. Lance picks him up and sits him on his lap.

Lance- "Jackson, if you don't move your marker down in class today, we will play Fortnite when you get home."

Jackson- "I'll try not to move down, Daddy."

Lance gives him a big hug.

Lance- "I love you, Buddy."

Jackson- "I love you too, Daddy."

The girls come down the steps and go straight to their dad to hug him.

Ava- "Ok, y'all. It's time to head to the bus stop."

They hug their mom as they leave the house. The bus stop was at the end of their driveway, so she watched from the front door until the bus came.

Ava- "Jason is going to ride into work with me. He has to be at his interview at the same time I have to be at work. He can grab an Uber or Lyft back or wherever he wants to go whenever he is done."

Jason- "That's fine. Thank you for being nice to him. Not that I didn't think you wouldn't be but fuck you know what I meant."