Chapter Four

The next few days go by quickly. Jason had become a huge help; he helps with Lance and has cooked the meals every night; they had all gotten into a routine that worked for them. Overall, all of them seemed happier and lighter.

Ava had left for work. Jason and Lance were home. Jason still hadn't heard back from the PD yet. After Jason picked up the house, He and Lance would play video games. That's what they were doing when Jason's phone rang.

~~Phone Conversation~~

Captain James- "May I speak to Mr. Bronswell?"

Jason- "This is he."

Captain James- "Sorry it took so long; it took a bit to review your background. Everything looks great. You also did extremely well with your interview. If you are still interested, we would like to offer you the position you have applied for."

Jason- "Thank you. I am definitely interested."

Captain James- "Do you have the ability to start Monday?

Jason- "I do."

Captain James- "The first three weeks are in the office training, which is during the day. Once completed, you will be placed on the overnight night shift. Are there any issues preventing you from working the overnight shift?"

Jason- "Not at all."

Captain James- "Fabulous. I will see you at eight am Monday."

Jason- "I appreciate the opportunity."

~~End phone conversation~~

Jason looks at Lance right after hanging up.

Jason- "I got the job."

Lance- "Congrats!"

Jason- "Thanks, Lance."

Lance- "That means you will be sticking around for a while?"

Jason- "Looks like it, I'm happy here, I love this city. Now that I've been here a bit, I can't see leaving. Even in this short amount of time, I know this is where I am supposed to be."

Lance- "Aren't you originally from Pennsylvania?"

Jason- "I am. I have no reason and no desire to go back there."

Lance- "Nashville is getting one hell of a man. They are lucky to have you. Being a cop anywhere is extremely dangerous these days."

Jason- "That's what attracts me to it. It's a safer alternative to the Army."

Lance- "I know you can do it. I have faith in you."

Jason- "I can handle it."

Lance- "I know you can. I don't doubt you. What about your family? You have a sister and a brother, don't you?"

Jason- "I do. I am not close to either of them. I am more at home here with you and your family than I am around them."

Lance- "You are always welcome here."

Jason- "Thanks, Lance. I really appreciate it."

Lance thought he would let Ava know. He sends her a text.

~~Text conversation~~

Lance- "Looks like Jason is hanging around for a bit."

Ava- "Really? Why?"

Lance- "He got the job."

Ava- "Oh, that fantastic. Good for him. That's exciting."