Chapter Twelve

Jason was awake in his bed the next morning. He heard Jackson's bedroom door open. He got up, got dressed, and met him in the hall when he came out of the bathroom.

Jason- "Good morning, Little Dude."

Jackson- "Good morning."

Jason- "Let's let Mommy and Daddy sleep today, ok?"

Jackson- "Ok. Can we watch cartoons?"

Jason- "Of course. Let's go downstairs and see what's on."

They make their way down the stairs. Jason grabs the remote and starts flipping through the channels.

Jackson- "Stop!"

Jason- "What?"

Jackson- "PJ Masks."

Jason sits the remote down. They sit and watch PJ masks when it's over, Jason gets Jackson attention.

Jason- "Are you hungry?"

Jackson- "I want donuts."

Jason- "Do we even have donuts?"

Jackson- "Dunkin Donuts does."

Jason looks at Jackson. He couldn't stop the laugh from escaping lips when he saw Jackson's toothy grin.

Jason- "You are exactly right. Be extremely quiet, and put your shoes on."

He puts his own shoes on then grabs Ava's keys off the rack. He was taking her car because she had the car seat. He waits on Jackson.

Jackson- "My shoes are on. I'm ready."

Jason tied his shoes; then, they headed out to get donuts. He let Jackson pick out a dozen. He also picked a dozen for the adults. He knew Ava and Lance wouldn't eat the ones Jackson picked. They get back in the car.

Jason- "Are you sure your sisters will eat the donuts you picked?"

Jackson- "I'm sure!"

When they get home, everyone is still sleeping. He takes the donuts and Jackson to the kitchen.

Jason- "You can have two. Pick them out. Do you want chocolate milk?"

Jackson- "Yes, please."

Jason gets his chocolate milk then gets him situated at the table. He then makes his way back to the kitchen to make donuts. He waits for it to finish, makes a cup, then goes and sits with Jackson.

Ava- "Good morning."

Jackson – "Mommy!!!"

Jason meets her eyes, and they share a smile.

Jackson- "Jason bought donuts."

Ava- "I see that."

Jason- "It was all Jackson's idea. I took your car, by the way."

Ava- "Why?"

Jason- "Because you had the car seat."

Ava- "I get why you took my car. How was it Jackson's idea?"