Chapter One

(DISCLAIMER: This story is fiction unless otherwise stated. I do not own the rights to images in this story. This story also has no bearing on the real lives of anyone in this story. Again, it's all fiction. No character changes will be made.)

A/N- This is a redo from a locked out account. If you've read the previous version some characters may change due to not being able to find the same photo or not matching the character I originally had in mind. Names may also change based on how I need them to be. They will also change if I can no longer find who I had originally.

____________________________________________________________________

Ava Samson is thirty-four years old. She is a paralegal at a busy downtown firm; she's been married for eleven years; they have a stable, happy, and healthy marriage with three kids. Her husband, Lance, drops a bombshell on her that changes their lives forever.

Ava- "Hey, Honey, I'm home."

She hears the wheels to his wheelchair, sliding across the floor.

Lance- "Hey, Baby, how was your day?"

She leans down to kiss.

Ava- "It was great. I love easy days like I had today."

Lance- "That's great, Babe. I've helped the kids with their homework. They have all gone to their rooms to play."

Ava- "Thank you. What do you want for dinner?"

Lance- "Whatever you feel like cooking."

Ava- "I have the stuff for shrimp scampi."

Lance- "Sounds great, Babe. I have invited a friend over for dinner."

Ava- "Oh, ok. May I ask who?"

Ava was shocked. Since his accident, Lance had pushed everyone away. She wasn't aware he had contact with anyone at all. It didn't bother her. She was happy that he had been talking to someone. She knew that she and the kids couldn't be enough for him, but he never complained.

Lance- "Jason. Jason Bronswell."

Ava knew the name Lance talked about Jason a lot. He was Lance's best friend in the Army. He was the one who rescued Lance, ultimately saving his life.

Ava- "Sounds great. I'll get started on dinner."

Lance- "He will be in town for a few days. I didn't think you would mind. I offered him the spare room."

Ava- "Ok."

She walks past him, heading to the kitchen. He reaches out, smacks her ass.

Ava- "Don't start something you can't finish."

Lance- "Oh, I can finish, Baby."

He holds up his fingers and sticks out his tongue.

Ava- "Don't tease me, Mister."

Lance and his team had been involved in an IED incident in Afghanistan that left him paralyzed from the waist down. Ava still wanted him as much now as the day she met him. He even talked dirty to her, but he always backed it up with his talented fingers and incredible mouth. Ava enjoyed any and all sexual escapades with Lance. She always felt guilty after. She was no longer able to please him in any way. For that reason, she never initiated any sexual contact.