T h e G r i m

T H E    G R I M!

➸➸➸

Jamie Black was damned since birth, his presence seemed to drawl in the very idea of death. The first unexpected victim was his mother, Donna Black nèe Shacklebolt, at the time his birth seemed like a miracle, proof that light can he found in the darkest of times, but not long after his birth Donna passed away. That was the first incident in his life of unfortunate events.

Muggles' and Muggleborns' alike were disappearing as the days passed. It was truly dark times, to live in a world where you didn't know who to trust. Jamie wasn't only oblivious to the darkness that went on with the world but the darkness that brood inside him, watching and waiting for the right time to strike.

Life as a widowed father was hard for Sirius, but he still had his friends to help him raise his son, but for the most part he kept the boy away from prying eyes and well hidden behind the walls of 12 Grimmauld Place. He was away alot, attending to Order meetings so that meant he had to hire a nanny to watch over Jamie but finding a trustable person in times like this was hard, if not impossible. In the end he found a muggleborn witch to watch over the young boy, he trusted she wouldn't be associated with You-Know-Who for obvious reasons.

Boy had he been wrong.

Octavia had been bribed by Who-Know-Who, a life for a life. She could live if she brought in the dead body of the young Black. She didn't know why he wanted a harmless boy but didn't question him because in a war, it's either kill or be killed and she very much liked living.

Sirius refused to give Octavia information on where he lived over owl, he knew it could be intercepted and didn't want to take that risk. So they met at a Muggle caffe then apparated, hand in hand, they arrived in the middle of his kitchen.

Sirius didn't see anything wrong with the girl so he didn't have a problem leaving her alone with a sleeping Jamie. He left and she waited.

She crept into the sleeping boys room, which unlike the rest of the House, was filled to the brim with bright colors. She drawled her wand, pointing it at the boy but hesitated, could she really kill an innocent little kid if it meant she could see another day?

Her hesitation is what caused her downfall, for the boy woke and saw the strange unknown women pointing her wand at him, her eyes trained on his ceiling which was bewitched to resemble the starry night sky.

Jamie squeezed his eyes shut and pressed his small face into the pillows. He didn't know her, or why she was there, all he knew is that he wanted her gone. A piercing scream made his hazel eyes snap over to see the woman collapsed to her knees. Her face, which was twisted in agony, started to crack apart and slivers of bright white light escaped from them before her whole aura was nothing but a bright white light. Jamie covered his eyes as the light filled the room, briefly blinding him, when he opened his eyes she was gone.