EPILOGUE pt.1

Disclaimer: Please read the previous chapters before reading this

Disclaimer:
Please read the previous chapters before reading this. Don't spoil the fun in reading!
Unedited with very low-quality English. I just wrote it quickly when I got the time and please don't read this if you haven't completed reading the book. If I wait to edit and make the chapter perfect then it would take more months and I didn't want to keep you all waiting anymore.

-

Days, weeks, months, and even one year passed. It's really amusing how time flies, especially during this current situation. I clearly remember how it was March 2020, when I wanted my exams to finish off soon and concentrate on Shaym Writing Contest, which I hosted. Later I was extremely excited to read all the entries, and I waited for it to be April so that I could close the contest and start judging your amazing Shaym POV, along with my friends. Argh! Everything is a blur now.

For many, the year 2020 may be the worst and even more? However, for me, it wasn't. The year 2020 gave me many things that I didn't have last year, and I'm thankful for that. I got four awards for my book, all because of my readers, hit 1K followers, and more than that, I got many friends, many people who call me by different names and feel like family. I can't say this whole year was amazing. It never was. But still, I'm grateful for all this. We should be, right? Instead of counting how much this year affected us, there are small moments in every individual's lives that made us feel so content. Everyone would have gone through several trials and hardships but are failing to realize that it was a blessing and not a burden.

And not to forget the greatest blessing I got this year—a new best friend, who was my best friend's best friend. It was my best friend's wedding, and due to this pandemic, none of our gang was present—only two of her close friends, which was Nimra and me. I always get awkward and shy around new people, but with her, I didn't feel like that at all. It felt like meeting someone I know for ages. We stayed the night at my friend's place and discovered that she, too, was a reader on Wattpad.

By hearing that, I got excited, and soon we started discussing the books we read and loved, especially the book Operation Dard and Devotion. Argh, we both started sharing our favorite scenes, our love for Ahsan, how the book ended, and how it could have ended instead of the actual ending and whatnot. Then she told me how she knew I use to write stories from our best friend and she asked about Mr. Cute. And then, I began saying from the start till the end, by showing his photos, the videos, our chats, a few of the Shaym POV you all wrote, and almost everything. It was almost Fajr time when we finally decided to stop our talks and sleep.

We soon exchanged our numbers and started chatting all day, discussing everything possible. It was also the time when I started to edit this book from the start, and she was a great help by sharing her thoughts, and I felt quite different from her and her opinions. Because, unlike the rest of my friends who read and said their views, she was not there in my book and didn't experience it with me. So, it was quite amazing to have her as my best friend and a real-life reader who I could annoy, asking whether I should do this or that. Revealing to her how few of the scenes written in the book were my imagination, showing the video related to the things that happened in the book, and showing her the comments and discussing it, everything felt so good.