Chapter 1

Disclaimer: If you are that type of a reader who skips chapters and read the last one first, I request you to not read my book. Sorry, cause it hurts. If you are someone who reads all chapters without skipping any chapter, then you are the best, Happy reading!

•••

Naiza's Pov

The gleaming luminous bask of the sunlight piercing undeviatingly into my eyes, made me groan in frustration and I stumbled out of the bed.

"Having my bed near the window was a bad idea," I say and stirred up, strolled towards the washroom. Indeed like always, the penetrating sunrise crisping out from the right side of my window was my alarm for me to rouse up. Missing the original alarm tone, and waking up when the sun arises has now become my routine.

After freshening up hastily, I promptly changed my dress grabbing a kurta and leggings, combed my long-wavy, thick, black hair into a bun and put on my abaya, a long, black, long-sleeved dress worn by Muslims, and a hijab, a shawl used to cover the head, before walking down the stairs.

"Mmaa, I'm ready. Where is my breakfast?" I quickly took a seat at the table, and my mom brought my parathas and curry.

"Naiza, why are you so late today? Will you get on the bus and reach college on time?" mom asked me, but I was in no mood to give her a reply, so I just ate my breakfast abruptly. I said salaam to mom and hurried to the bus stop which is two minutes away from my house.

After reaching the bus stop, I remembered that I forgot to take my earbuds.

How can I travel 40 minutes to college without my earbuds?!

The bus ride to college was so tedious that I felt like reaching at college as soon as possible. With vast difficultly of travelling alone, gazing the sky from the window, the bus appeared to stop exactly after forty minutes. As the bus took a halt in front of my college, I hastily got down and started my marathon towards the classroom.

"Sir, roll no. 40," I uttered, my heart beating quickly as I was running so fast to reach my college before sir takes our attendance. But as always, I was late.

"Naiza, you are late for the nth time! Sorry, I won't be giving you today's attendance. Try to come ten minutes early tomorrow to get your attendance," Mr Hameem, my professor, informed me while I was taking a seat in the class.

I sat on our bench, which was marked for us. Only my small, little gang occupied this bench because no one dared to sit here since it was our bench, and they wouldn't want to buy trouble from me and my small gang. Yes, we are the main group in our class.

"Naiza, why are you always late? Don't you think you are missing all of your attendance?" Shifa, one of my best friends, questioned.

"Well, as always, I got caught up in my dreamland, and I didn't hear the alarm. Baba didn't even wake me up! He deemed that I should sleep a little more!"

"Aw, Naiza, your Baba is so understanding. My papa always wakes me up so early!" Jina, my other best friend, commented.

"Hey, you! Roll no. 40, come and sit here on the first bench! You just arrived, and now you're disturbing my class," Hameem Sir announced, and he looked a little annoyed.

I didn't talk much, to be honest! My friends were the ones asking me questions but never mind, sir always tried to separate our gang and make us sit on different benches so that we don't disturb his class with our non-stop talking and laughing. With great difficulty in concentrating on the tiresome lectures Sir was giving, I sat there alone on the first bench.

I heard a faint sound of the chime emanating from the corridors. Finally, the first hour was over, now I could go and convene with my gang. While chatting with Shifa, I noticed my other two friends, Anna and Issa, were coming to the class now. Anna came to the college by scooter, so she is always late while Issa is just like me who rouses up and reaches college late. She always misses her first-hour attendance just like me, but the irony is that I don't get attendance even though I came to class and listened to the lectures!

"So, I heard that there is a victory celebration by the party who won this year's college election. I hope it's going to be fun!" Anna exclaimed as she took her seat beside me.

"Nothing is going to be fun, Anna! Just the boys and seniors are going to have fun by dancing and cracking poppers," I remarked as I was not interested in all these celebration days in college.

According to me, only the final year of college is going to be entertaining and thrilling while the other two years would probably be spent by listening to lectures, taking exams, and having no fun.

The victory celebration started as soon as our classes were over. We were all standing in a corner and watching all our seniors, girls and boys, dancing according to the big drumbeats. Yes! There was a big, drum band to celebrate along with dancing. After watching for a few minutes, my friends also got excited, and soon, they also joined in on the small dance. However, I stood there watching everyone dancing with a pompous smile on their face.

Suddenly, I saw a boy wearing a neon coloured T-shirt, dancing while holding a stick in his hand. He was dancing with the stick according to the drumbeats. I didn't know what made me stare at him, but he had the most beautiful smile on his face, which made him look so cute. He had a fair complexion, not too tall, just a medium-height boy with midnight black hair and a beard! The beard made him look so hot! Astaghfirullah! (I seek forgiveness in Allah)

I don't know how long I stared at him, but I just stood there watching him dance like the most fascinating person alive. The best thing was he didn't even see me staring at him so shamelessly. It was the first time in my entire life, I got mesmerized by someone and that too, an unknown stranger! Who was he? I have never seen a boy like him from my college. Is he in my batch? Is he my senior? Will I see him again?

Assalamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) everybody,

So how was the first chapter?
(Editing will be done after my exams)
Did you guys like it? Please suggest me where and how to improve
And I know it was a small chapter sorry for that.

Please VOTE & COMMENT
Please share your views here cause it would mean alot to me.
Till then byee..