Droids

"Mommy?! Daddy?! Where did you go?!" The scared young girl looked around helplessly. Her parents were nowhere in sight. She was terrified. Her parents had warned her of the Tusken Raiders that roamed around this path and to stay close. The girl had seen something shiny and went to go investigate. She found a Peggat and went to return to her parents and show them her newfound treasure. But they were gone.

The girl had remembered a little hut along the path they had crossed. She would have to go and ask for help. She scurried to the hut and looked around for anyone who could help her. She spotted a little boy sitting, playing in the sand.
"Hello. Who are who?" The boy looked up at her curiously.
"I'm Serenity. I lost my parents. I need help." The girl fiddled with her Peggat nervously.
"I'm Luke. Nice to meet you. My Uncle and Aunt can help you. Come on!" He stands up and grabs the little girls hand. She giggles as she follows him. She liked this Luke.

Serenity squirmed around and opened her eyes. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked at the clock next to her.
"Shoot!" She exclaimed and threw back the covers. She tumbled out of bed, quickly got dressed and ripped through her messy, sandy-blond hair with her brush, all while mumbling incoherently. She rushed out of her room and banged her foot against the kitchen table.
"Kriff!" She shouted as she held her aching foot. Her mother turned around and chuckled.
"Serenity, watch your mouth." Her father warned her while drinking a cup of something.
"Sorry Dad." She said in a pained voice.

Ben and Zayli Kenobi. Her loving, caring parents. She was a perfect mix of her mother and father. Ben and Zayli trained her in the Jedi ways. She was thankful for them since her Force abilities would be out of control.
"Where are you off to sweetheart?" He mother asked using her very childish nickname.
"Mom, please stop calling me sweetheart. I'm nineteen." She groaned. "Dad's stopped calling me that why can't you?"
"Your father made that decision. I will make mine." She curtly replied.

Serenity knew it as no use. You could never win an argument against Zayli Kenobi. Ben knew that all too well.
"Trust me, Seren. You'll never win against your mother. I've tried." He laughs. Zayli rolls her eyes.
"Anyways...you haven't answered my question yet...where are you going?" She asked again.
"Luke and I are going into Toshce station to pick up something. And I'm gonna be late if I stay any longer so bye!" She rushes out of the cave.
"I'll meditate with you when you come back!" Ben called out. Serenity smiled.

She loved meditating. She did it all the time. When she couldn't do it during the day she would take some time at night to feel the living Force around her. Sometimes she went outside and sat in the warm sand. She would meditate alone or alongside her father. They shared their love of meditation with each other. Her mother, on the other hand, was not so fond of it.

Serenity sprinted down the path to where Luke lived keeping her hand on her lightsaber she built when she was ten. She had chosen a deep blue colour for the blade. Just like her father.

Ben and Zayli would tell her stories of how they fought in the Clone Wars together. Her mother said they're real names were Obi-Wan and Azyalia but they had to go by their nicknames. She had promised never to tell anyone about their true identities, not even Luke. They told her about her father's Padawan, Anakin Skywalker who was Luke's father. He said that Anakin was betrayed and murdered by the evil Darth Vader. Azaylia had told her about Padmé, Anakin's lovely wife who died during childbirth and Soreé, her brave Twi'lek Padawan who died in attempt to protect others. Serenity realized that Azyalia gave her the middle name Soreé in memory of her.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a familiar looking figure with bright blond hair.
"Luke!" She calls out. The young man turns around and smiles. "I'm hope I'm not too late." She breathes, regaining her breath.

Luke Skywalker. Her best friend since the day they met when Serenity had lost her parents. They were basically inseparable, joined together at the hip. Serenity would always feel a twinge if sadness when she had to come back home but she loved her family dearly so she didn't mind.

"Hey Seren! I was just about to leave. But Uncle Owen and I have to check out some droids first. Wanna come along?" He asks.
"Sure. Hello Owen." Serenity smiled slightly. He nodded in return.

Serenity didn't really like Owen. He wasn't exactly nice to her father and mother about staying and watching over Luke. She recalled how much they fought.

"Luke! Luke!" Serenity heard a voice shout. She knew the voice belonged to his Aunt Beru. She liked Beru. She was much kinder then Owen was. "If you buy a translater droid, make sure it speaks Bocce!"
"Doesn't look like we have much choice but I'll remind him!" Luke replied but she was pretty sure Owen already heard her. Luke ran back to join Owen and Serenity.

"Yeah, I'll take that red one" Owen points at a red R2 unit. "No not that one." He shakes his hand at the blue R2 unit. Owen stops to talk to a golden protocol droid while Luke crouches down and fiddles with the red one. Serenity crouches down as well.
"So what are we supposed to pick up again?" She looks at him confused.
"Haven't I told you already?" He teases. Serenity knocks him in the shoulder. "Power converters." He says poking the droid.
"Power converters." She mumbles back to herself.

"Luke!" Owen barks. "Take these two to the garage I want them cleaned up before dinner." He points to the gold and red droids.
"But Seren and I were going to go into Toshce Station to pick up the power converters." He whines. Luke had a habit of whining.
"You can waste time with Serenity when your chores are done. Now get to it." He orders and Luke sighs.
"Alright come on." The gold droid follows Luke.
"Seren! Change of plans! Wanna help me clean up these droids?" He asks.
"Sure! You need the red one?" She asks him.
"Yeah!" He shouts back in reply.
"Follow me Red." She pats it lightly and starts to walk away. It beeps but doesn't move.
"Come on Red lets go!" Luke orders and the droid begins to move.

Serenity notices the little blue R2 unit rocking side to side and beeping sadly. A Jawa shuts him down.  She then hear an explosion from behind her. The red R2 unit started to smoke. Luke turns around quickly and walks toward it.
"Uncle Owen!" Luke calls.
"Yeah?" Owen yells back.
"This R2 unit's got a bad motivator look!" He points to the still droid. Owen then says something to the Jawa. Serenity thinks it takes offence to whatever Owen said. She notices the blue R2 unit again. He's turned on and rocking side to side again.
"What about the other R2 unit?" She asks Luke and points to it "That one doesn't seem to be falling apart like this one."
"If I might add sir, that R2 unit is in prime condition, a real bargain." The gold droid states.
"Uncle Owen! What about that one?" Luke points to the blue R2 unit. He says something to the Jawa and the he lets him go. Luke waves to the two Jawa's to take the broken droid away
"You will be pleased with him sir, miss." He nods to Luke and Serenity. "He really is in first-class condition. I've worked with him before. Here he comes."

Serenity looks over and sees the blue droid come near the group blooping quite happily.
"Come on lets go." He beckons her and she follows him into the hut while the two droids walk behind.

Cleaning droids is not what she was expecting to do this afternoon...